Thread: CBD for dogs?

Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default CBD for dogs?

Hello guys have you at any point attempted cannabis as an option medication for your wiped out pooches? I've heard that CBD Hemp is presently a thing for pooches with joint pain, bargained safe frameworks, stretch reactions, animosity and stomach related issues.Well they said it was entirely sheltered in view of the low THC, CBD hemp won't make your pupper high..I would especially welcome any thoughts and exhortation in regards to on this issue on puppies utilizing cannabis as an option natural prescription. Much appreciated ahead of time to those who'll reply.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Problem with using CBD is that there has not been alot of research....so dosage amount can be tricky...working with a vet that will use CBD is also tricky.

is your dog in pain?
    if so...what meds are you currently using?

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
    Hello guys have you at any point attempted cannabis as an option medication for your wiped out pooches? I've heard that CBD Hemp is presently a thing for pooches with joint pain, bargained safe frameworks, stretch reactions, animosity and stomach related issues.Well they said it was entirely sheltered in view of the low THC, CBD hemp won't make your pupper high..I would especially welcome any thoughts and exhortation in regards to on this issue on puppies utilizing cannabis as an option natural prescription. Much appreciated ahead of time to those who'll reply.
    I have successfully but I went through serious testing and vet stuff to get to the point it was just age and genetic tendencies and nothing really correctable... after we decided to use CBD we found a site that has grown and evolved more but they have GREAT guidelines, great support, and a full line of varying strength of legal CBD's - so you can figure out the exact dosage needed and know it is going to be that every time.... If you PM me I'll link you the site info... Anything else I can say would just be anecdotal...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

I use it on Missy and I used it on my Shar Pei with cancer. My Shar Pei got it daily for pain management and it helped his appetite because the steroids made him nausea. Missy gets it only when she is in pain. I never gave the a lot just a couple of drops. Around here we don't have any vets who are even willing to talk to you about it so I had to do my own research.