Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Default Most Popular Dog in Town

Our Sir Moose has to be the most popular dog in our little town! We can be in the little town grocery store, or in the larger one in the next town, in Walmart in next town, in Lowes, and almost without fail someone comes up and says "Where is your big white dog" or "where is Sir Moose? I haven't seen you walking the past couple of days." It seems everyone knows HIS name, but forgets ours! At church people come up and say "I saw you and Moose walking the other day but you were past the hosue before I saw y ou". It is just amazing. Everyone wants to come out and pet on him.

one lady that goes to our church lives in a house that Jerry and Sir Moose pass on two of their different walk routes--Jerry always lets Sir Moose where he wants to go. Judy has a big yellow cat named Yellow Cat and comes running to greet Sir Moose ever time he Sees Sir Moose coming. He just rubs against his legs, purring. Two days ago another cat came that Jerry had not seen before. This morning Judy saw Jerry and Sir Moose coming, grabbed s treat for him (she keeps treats for Sir Moose but only gives him one) and the cat came out to greet Sir Moose. Judy was floored. She said the cat was named Lemonade and belonged to her neighbor and didn't like dogs at all. She couldn't believe he came right up to Sir Moose. Our boy is SOME boy!
    Jerry and Moose

Sir Moose is famous!

Pippa is very well known in our neighborhood and I've always thought ALL my neighbors liked her until... well, until last Sunday.
    It was 7ish am and I had taken Pippa for her morning walk. I took a different route and we went exploring other streets in the neighborhood. I noticed that Pippa was going to go number two because she had started to do her pooping routine. Smell the grass, walk really slow and in circles, and this time she spent around a minute or so. I knew she had to go, so I waited. Then a man opened the window and screamed: "this is not a dog park. take your dog somewhere else". I was petrified and I didn't know what to say, so I said sorry, and we left. I guess we were in his property because Pippa was stepping on his front yard, but it's not like I was going to leave the poop there. I had bags in my hand!! I don't know. I was very sad for the whole day. We'll never take that route again.

Thankfully my next door neighbors are in love with Pippa.

Oh, and there were no signs saying "no dogs here" or whatever. Otherwise I would have gone somewhere else.

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by mikelg84 View Post
    I've always thought ALL my neighbors liked her until...
    Happens now and then. Don't sweat it. There are just those people that are bitter and unhappy. But then the sad reality is there are some of us that are just total jerks and think nothing of letting their dogs poo on other people's yards. I hate the people too because I find piles on my yard now and then. But that's not you, so, don't let it get to you.

Lots of people like dogs, like all those who look forward to seeing Sir Moose!!!!!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

snow0160`s Photos

People can get really bent out of shape over dog poo. Our mayor had an incident when a neighbor he was feuding with threw dog poo at his face. See it could be a lot worse. People are unbelievabley odd about such things. I would just not take it personally and move on. People are generally very friendly towards Pyrs. I don't have one but everything thinks Kit is a pyr and most people either are super gushy or a bit afraid. I don't blame people who are afraid of large dogs but most people are super friendly with a big fluffy white dog.