Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Default Happy thanskgiving

I probably will not have a chance to get back on here before the weekend, so am taking this time to wish each and all a VERY HAPPY AND FILLING THANKSGIVING.

Gonna be so busy in kitchen. Have sons and families over and I do 95% of the cooking. I am making turkey and southern cornbread dressing (already have cooked cornbread), squash casserole, sweet potato casserole, broccoli/cheese/rice casserole, mac and cheese, potato salad, and 2 different fruit salads, plus desserts of pecan pie, pumpkin pie, mixed berry cheese cake and butterfinger pie. Youngest son is bringing green bean casserole and he is cooking the ham for me to make room in my oven

Will be making the pastry for the pumpkin and pecan pies in a lttle while, but won't mix up and bake pies til tomorrow. I also mix as many of the casseroles as I can and hae them ready to pop in oven Thanksgiving morning. After dinner we will put up all the otusdie Christmas decorations outside--except light son house and in bushes and on patio. Younger son came and did that for us last week. It will look like Christmas outside our house on Thanksgiving night.
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

I am not cooking my thanksgiving till Friday. I am going to my Uncles on the actual day though. I hope you guys have a good thanksgiving.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Even tho we haven't met in person....you have all become part of a "family" to me & my fur kids...

May it be a wonderful day for all...

Nancy, hubby, Angel, Rudy & Dasher

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

A very happy Thanksgiving to all! May it be full of joy and (Lily's wish) absent of the sounds of target practice and hunting!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	033.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	9334

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

I wish a VERY happy and full thanksgiving to all!!! It's zech's first and I have to say he guarded that roaster oven like a champ LOL.... Antonia I hope Lily Got her wish!!!! We were "lucky" enough the 2 houses next door left for the holiday and for the MAJOR sewer/plumbing work they are having done across 3 properties, they couldn't warn us about....we've had workers, heavy equipment, thumping house shaking stuff.
    My Boy is so good about letting us know something strange is going on but it took a good part of the day to get him not reacting and used to it... so a good experience overall but he was on alert they entire day...

SO BAD MOMMY, I had a sinus attack in the middle of the night and they started whistling and making those weird noises...

OMGosh Zech went off thinking something was in the bedroom on mom.... after calming that down we couldn't stop laughing...

I hope everyone had Love , Laughs, and a day full of Blessings and things to be grateful for....

Jewel`s Photos

With a lot of vigilance, Ren made it through Thanksgiving Day without any big booboos.

Alas, then came Black Friday...

At 7 a.m. I caught Ren ripping away happily at what I hoped was a dish towel... Alas it wasn't to be...
    I found him happily ripping a hole on niece's down coat... There was literally tiny pieces of feather EVERYWHERE...
    oy... good thing he's cute... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6889.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	9339

We were forced to brave the Black Friday crowds to find my niece another coat... going shopping on Black Friday wasn't exactly what I had planned...

I swear that little brat planned all this. He got to come along to the mall. Had lunch at a restaurant then greeted the entire world hanging out in front of the mall...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Go Ren! You know how to make unforgettable memories for Mommy and Daddy! We knew you had it in you! Just like your Auntie Bijou!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Sebastian says that he is seriously impressed with Renís mischief-making abilities. Sebastian would like to get into more mischief, but he is busy protecting the yard from suburban woodland creatures.

The three of us hope that all of our family here had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I know we have a whole lot to be thankful for at our house!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Awww....he just wanted her to have a new coat....what a thoughtful guy!

and that face!!! how could anyone ever get angry at that handsome face!?!!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Jewel Ren is just Gorgeous That face is just too sweet to stay mad for long

and you know the Lunch and Mall trip were rewards for Ren for saving you guys from that strange coat