Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aggresion

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Christi`s Photos

I am so very sorry to hear this news, but I too think you are doing the right thing for Bailey and your family.

Puppy (New Member)

I'm so sorry about what has happened with your dog. I hope that he does well and I'm sure he'll get an amazing home. Maybe you should get another Pyrenees to help get over the ache and pain of having to surrender your boy. It's extremely noble of you to put your children first and I know that God will truly bless you for that.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

snow0160`s Photos

My last dog Sahara was a rescue LGD. She was surrendered because she was aggressive with a newborn. We took great care of her and she lived until she was 16 years old last year. She had a great life with us and we don't have any kids and have not shown a lot of people aggression when she lived with us. She only disliked strangers and other dogs. Her previous owners were somewhat surprised but I think a change in environment/ relationship really helped her.

I am so sorry you are going through this but perhaps everything will turn out great for everyone.

a601mom`s Photos

What a horrible decision you have to make, we fall in love with these dogs so quickly. But in the long run you have to look at the big picture. So sorry, don't blame yourself. Look

Old Dawg (Senior Member) rx4bills's Avatar

Such a difficult decision to make. I can only imagine how brave you all must have been to do this. The more we love them, the more the tough choices affect us. Thoughts and hugs to you all, and hopes that Bailey finds a good situation too.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

There are no words to heal your heart....you & your family have done all you could for Bailey, and you found him a sanctuary that may be able to help him...please let that in itself give you some comfort that you are putting him in a place that will take care of him.

It is difficult now, but know that your decision is actually helping him...and protecting all concerned

Old Dawg (Senior Member) 2BIGWHITEDOGS's Avatar

2BIGWHITEDOGS`s Photos

Happy news for Bailey. I follow the rescue where his owners took him on Facebook. Dog Tales is an amazing rescue in Ontario...they take in dogs from all over the world, including the US. Today they had photos of their most recent adoptions and Bailey was one of them. He has a new home with a couple who already have a female pyrenees. Fingers crossed it all works out for them.

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by 2BIGWHITEDOGS View Post
    Happy news for Bailey. He has a new home with a couple who already have a female pyrenees. Fingers crossed it all works out for them.
    Wow! That is very good news indeed! Yes, definitely crossing fingers that they can make accommodations for Bailey particular needs!

Thank you for letting us know!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

so wishing that this situation works out for all concerned..

thank you for the info...

Baileyandkids`s Photos

Hi everyone. It's taken me 2 weeks to find the words to share how that Friday night went. The entire event was traumatic. On 3 separate occasions I almost put him back in the car and drove away. The facility is beyond beautiful, no doubt about it the animals are well loved and cared for without question.
    I pulled in and met with a trainer about what was happening at home. I explained that I believed his temperment was caused by pain and was a result of his hips. I walked the trainer through what happened and out of the blue the owner cut in and immediately started blasting me about euthanizing a baby. How dare I. (Keep in mind I was sobbing the entire time and was having a hard time finding my voice) I had no idea what she was talking about. I sought out my Vet for help finding an appropriate place for him I didn't drop him at the SPCA and walk away. She had no interest in anything I was trying to tell her about Bailey. In her mind I may as well of had him chained in a field somewhere and left him to starve.

What I didn't know was that my Vet told her I was going to put him down because he was showing aggressive tendencies. That was never my intention but I realized later he told her this so Bailey would be accepted. I ate every minute of her disgust of me knowing Bailey would be better for it. I donated his $300 orthopedic bed so he would still get to have it even though I knew the new owners wouldn't be able to take it with him.

I cried till I was sick the entire drive home alone. This is an absolute sanctuary for animals and any dog who is rescued here will live like royalty for the duration of their stay. I understand why she hated me the minute she saw me but it didn't make it any easier. I truly hope that his new owners will love him the way I did. I truly did love him enough to let him go if that makes any sense. He is a beautiful boy who just needed a special owner and I'm sure he's found them.