Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Yes, there are issues that need addressing ... as we're able to do so. For now, things are stable and we rarely have any issues with him. He is very fascinated with Holly, our Shih-Tzu. He has never shown the slightest aggression toward her, but still we don't leave them alone together unless one or both of us is home. If we're both out, Holly is in the bedroom with the gate up in the doorway. Jack sticks to her like glue, sniff sniff let's play let's play! He gets so excited, constantly does his play bow, and she has begun responding to him in the past few weeks, doing play bows of her own. So all is well there. He loves to play. Always getting his rope, tennis ball, etc. and he gets a lot of play time from us, more hugs and praise than any human will ever get, etc. So as $ become available we will address his behavior issues because we do need them resolved, as much as that can be done. And thank you much for the input and the referrals!!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Christi`s Photos

My pyr has aggressive tendency's, I will say this right up front, when faced with a pyr growling, snarling or snapping you NEVER try and back it down and you NEVER scold it. I am not trying to be bossy, but this is a recipe for disaster, you look away, you back away and speak in a soft voice to deescalate. I have dealt with my dog acting this way, and have a behaviorist to help me deal with this.