Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tsunibear`s Photos

You can't really guess adult size in my opinion. I have a mix who is huge yet Jewel had a purebred female who was tiny. Weight won't matter so long as you keep her lean. You don't want her heavy because that is bad for her joints.

Young Dawg (Member)

Erniesmommy`s Photos

Thank you...yea hes very sweet n sensitive..mostly well behaved for a 3 month old..hes my baby

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunibear View Post
    You can't really guess adult size in my opinion. I have a mix who is huge yet Jewel had a purebred female who was tiny. Weight won't matter so long as you keep her lean. You don't want her heavy because that is bad for her joints.
    I am with Tsuni. It's impossible to guess when the pup is only 3 months old. Like Tsuni said, my Bijou was a small boned pyr. She was of average height for show line females at just over 26" tall, but she was kept to a thin 75 lbs at maturity. Bijou was 13 lbs at 8 weeks and just about 30 lbs at 12 weeks.

As another comparison, my current pup Ren was 33 lbs at 3 months and 43 lbs at 4 months - about the same weight as Zeke at the same age. Ren was 63 lbs at 6 months but then the weight gain slowed significantly after that. He finally hit 80 lbs at 10 months and now at 14 months, he weighs a thin 83 lbs. Compare that to Zeke at 11 months and already 90 lbs even though they were about the same size as little pups. I expect Ren to continue to fill out for the next couple of years, and my guess is he'll top out at 90-95 lbs.

Young Dawg (Member)

Erniesmommy`s Photos

Thank you for replying..yea guess get anxious to see how big he gets...thanks if ges not that big ok to