Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Default Happy Happy Sir Moose

Before I start, I think you know I have RH and stiff fingers hit 2 keys at a time, oand the wrong one will print and many times don't hit the space bar hard enough. I also have bad vision due to diabetes. However I do try to find and correct all my "oops". However, was at the Opthmologist this afternoon and they dilated my eyes and everything is still rather blurring I will try to catch my "oops"

Okay, For 6 weeks Sir Moose was not allowed outside without being on leash due to our fence being down due to Hurricane Harvey. I put a couple if chairs in front of the open patio door and if he went and stood and looked at us, we knew he needed to go outside. But if he stood with ears perked, something had his attention and I would tell him "NO, and he would leave. Would take him out, let him do his business and then bring him straight in. He did get his morning walk, or zigzag around piles of cut up trees, HUGE trunks, piles of furniture where roofs had been blow off and all ruined, and fences. Don't' think there was a yard without at least 2 sides of fencing down. We had 3 down. Anyway, as I said, out, do business, back in. Except for his last trip out about 10:30 PM. On that one, he had to check out the entire yard. There I was stumbling along with a flash light trying not to trip over anything and he had to go all the way around the yard. Funny thing, he never even attempted to into any of the other yards even after we removed the down fences. He would go right to the line and stand and sniff, but didn't try to go into any other yard. One night he did catch a possum under the firebush but left it when I told him to.

Okay, we finally got the last of the fence up last Thursday. Took Sir Moose out on leash and then took leash off him. Bless his heart, he peed--and went right back into the house. Took him out later and shut the door. He peed--and went right to the back door. He thought he was suppose to go in after doing his business. We were out on the swing and would call him and he would come, but then trot back to the patio to the door. I moved the chairs away from the door and at first he would stand there, and look out. I told him "OUT, and he ventured out onto the patio, and then the yard. He realized he no loanger had to be on a leash in the yard, and since then, wow, in and out, in and out, lay on the patio for a while. lay under the cedar tree for a while. He is so happy to have his freedom once again.

Oh, on story here. I was on the computer and he was in the bedroom across from me when I heard him growl and go tearing down the hall. I raced out and go to the dining room to find him with a pit bull pinned in the dining room. He was actually straddle that dog back, like he was riding on him. He was not growling and the pit was not the least aggressive. Had just pushed the chair and came in and Sir Moose did not like that dog united into the house. I grabbed his collar and made him back up and then shooed that dog out. I am still in contact with his former owners and I told Jill about it and she once she had found a stray dog and had put it in their yard and called owners. One of her grown kids opened the door and Sir Moose tore out and had the dog in the same position. Apparently he is very protective of his people and his domain. If this works, these are xome pictures ttkane of him day before yesterday on our patioClick image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4002.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	9189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4004.jpg 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	9190Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4005.jpg 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	9191
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Those are great photos of Sir Moose and his daddy. He does look so happy! It's interesting how fixated they become on their routines, always wanting them to be the same.

Road Dawg

Moose looks like such a gentle giant! My Lacey doesn't like change either. She doesn't miss anything. I can put a bag down on the floor among other items and she will immediately notice the difference. I think she is actually too aware of everything and that leads to some of her anxiety. If she could write, she'd be good at the puzzles that ask you to look for what is different.

Life with a Pyr is never boring or predictable, but it is my second one, so I guess I'm addicted!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Congrats on getting those fences up so quickly!!

Lots of hard work I am sure!

Moose looks like a very happy boy....what a good boy he is as well, to learn a new routine & adjust to it!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Thanks everyone. As I type this I can hear him out under the cedar tree, which is near the window. He is "muffling" as I call it--barking with his chin on the ground, mouth closed. Thinkhe is barking at the sound next door where they are working on her house (huge live oak fell on garage and damaged about half the house. Are replacing all that was "smushed:.
    Jerry and Moose

I love Sir Moose's happy face

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

that is a gorgeous happy Sir Moose, He is literally smiling!