Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Great pyrenees and epilepsy

Hey,

Today i bring some disruptive news, we had to put Hilda to rest due 7-8 epileptic seizures within a day. Hilda was our best friend and we had to do the decision when she was only few months over a year :'(.

Anyone else had/has an epi pyrenees? how did it end up?

I'v Hildas data like withers, weight and seizure interval written down if anyone needs.

EDIT: .. or even better, i can publish em here.

- eljuko

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

eljuko, I simply don't have any words to tell you how very sorry I am to hear about your beautiful, sweet, wonderful girl. I am heartbroken for your loss.

Sebastian, Chester, and I are sending much love and healing energy to you and your family during this unimaginably difficult time.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Thanks for the kind words, those truly are needed now and for days coming. You sure have been unparalleled aid for us more than once so i wish your "flock" much better luck than we had.

-

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

eljuko....I am so sorry to hear of Hilda's departure....I am sure she is in your heart always.....

they are never with us long enough, and we do the best we can for them while they are with us

thinking of you

Nancy & Rudy

Jewel`s Photos

Oh.... I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Hilda. There are no words that can make the pain of this heartbreak better. If it would help you endure this very difficult period, please feel free to share your love and memories of Hilda.

I would also be in support of your sharing Hilda's seizure stats. Maybe not now, but maybe down the road, it would be informative to others who face this issue with their beloved pyrs.

Big hugs for your family in this difficult time.

Pjg8r`s Photos

I am so sorry for your loss. No matter how long we have them it is never long enough but to lose one so young breaks my heart.

Young Dawg (Member) daisycannon's Avatar

daisycannon`s Photos

I'm very sorry this happened. It's always terrible to lose a beloved friend.
    I have an epileptic pyr, myself. Did the vet say what they thought had caused the epilepsy? My girl's seizures are either due to head trauma or lead poisoning, or they're idiopathic.
    Were they all the big grand mal seizures or were they interspersed with other seizure types? Mine usually will have one or two smaller seizures (psychomotor) before she has a big one. Generally these are her whining and trying to get away from something nobody but her can see.
    I'm sorry you didn't get more time with Hilda before it was her time to go, and if you can't talk about it yet it's completely understandable.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Thank you all for the support! I'll definitely publish the data once I've the time.

Yes they all were grand mal sort of seizures and i witnessed her having 7-8 of them within 19 hours even she got 2 doses of Stesolid and larger dose of Pexion.

We didn't get the time to bring her to further researches and we have no idea what might have caused the epilepsy. All her blood samples were within normal limits and due the young age it's propably not a tumor.

But to be honest, i can speculate the reasons till the end of the universe and still not getting my baby back. For all those whose dogs are having seizures, i recommend to love your friend and live every day like it was the last one.

- Cheers, eljuko