Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Zech's Mom View Post
    Tusni he was a heartbreaker, all his skin only got Dark brown never black... He was a ginger... I will never get over him being stolen from me by bloat I move on and my zech is everything and more than JJ even but JJ; he was something special....
    and he was the spokesman for my doggie goods company too...

Attachment 9149 Attachment 9150
    He is like Missy a Ginger till the end then. That's how I know Candace's dogs have Border Collie in them. Anything that carries a red gene or a white gene will either be red or white. I mean look at JJ and Missy as prime examples.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

OK 6 month update on my baby's Badger colors...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-months.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	9335.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Long past due post here is my boy at 1yr -late may His badger colors continue to fade and soften

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-year-pup.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	9784

Puppy (New Member)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunibear View Post
    I hate this women and her stupid website with every bone in my body. Yes Pyrenees can have markings but, they can't be black. This is the lady claiming that she has the rare black badger Pyrs and she is a liar. I have told her this to her face on this forum before. It is genetically impossible for a purebred Pyr to have black badger markings. If you ever want a great read about genetics here is a link for you. http://sonic.net/~cdlcruz/GPCC/libra...lorInPyrs.html

The lady at Bar 6 Diamond Ranch breeds Border Collies and Dalmatians too so her black Pyrs are what happens when you don't pay attention to your bitch's cycle. I should know that first hand because, my Pyr mix was an accidental litter at her breeder was honest about the mistake unlike this lady who is trying to sell "rare" "purebred" dogs for a high cost.
    I acquired a badger marked black and white puppy that was represented as a purebred Great Pyrenees. I only saw the mother, and she appeared to e a Great Pyrenees, she had the double dew claws. However, at the time I knew the pup was a mix of ??? because I also knew that GP do not have black markings. My best guess was a Border Collie. The pup has almost undetectable single, tiny rear dew claws. She does not have the bark of a Great Pyrenees nor the lush, dense coat like my AKC Great Pyrenees has. I submitted a DNA sample to Embark DNA, and when I received the results, was clearly unimpressed as they came back that she is 100% Great Pyrenees. She is now almost 12 months, weighing 80 pounds. There is no way she could be a purebred, yet I love her dearly and she has been a reliable LGD companion to my purebred who has to date killed 4 raccoons with the help of my mutt Great Pyrenees. Before, the raccoon got away. Forget DNA testing, I am convinced it's a waste of money.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180703_181208.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	9800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180107_050514_001.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	9799  

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Binker View Post
    There is no way she could be a purebred, yet I love her dearly and she has been a reliable LGD companion to my purebred
    Exactly! She deserves to be loved for being her individual self!

Puppy (New Member)

Prospective Great Pyrenees Owner

look awesome