Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Default Badger Colors in Pyrenees

I just wanted to share this... my baby is badger and this was a fun find

http://bar6diamondranch.com/index.html

Jewel`s Photos

Which article are you referring to from the site?
    Ren is a badger, so was Bijou though hers faded very early on.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Zech's Mom View Post
    I just wanted to share this... my baby is badger and this was a fun find

http://bar6diamondranch.com/index.html
    I hate this women and her stupid website with every bone in my body. Yes Pyrenees can have markings but, they can't be black. This is the lady claiming that she has the rare black badger Pyrs and she is a liar. I have told her this to her face on this forum before. It is genetically impossible for a purebred Pyr to have black badger markings. If you ever want a great read about genetics here is a link for you. http://sonic.net/~cdlcruz/GPCC/libra...lorInPyrs.html

The lady at Bar 6 Diamond Ranch breeds Border Collies and Dalmatians too so her black Pyrs are what happens when you don't pay attention to your bitch's cycle. I should know that first hand because, my Pyr mix was an accidental litter at her breeder was honest about the mistake unlike this lady who is trying to sell "rare" "purebred" dogs for a high cost.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Zech's Mom,

Here is a link to the thread where we met Candace, the owner of Bar 6 Diamond ranch. It might help put what Tsunibear is saying into some context.

http://www.greatpyr.com/forum/showth...Gret-Pyr/page6

Nevertheless, Zechariah is adorable, and we absolutely love him!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Wow Guys thanks and Please don't hold back, tell me exactly how you feel let it all out....

Actually Jewel There aren't really any articles on the site.... There's like a book quote on the home page and everything else is patting themselves on the back stuff for the bit I read.

But I have never seen adult pyr's that weren't 100% white and seeing that badger ends up like a beige coloring once adult... The pictures led me there LOL
    I just assumed the black & white guys were like some landseer's their heads don't look like pyrs... but their bodies do... and they were talking about other breeds. Tsunibear that you mentioned cross bred border collies made me snort my coffee, the black and white ones look like that. I actually never thought they were pure pyrs or paid attention to all the Black & white stuff, nor was I looking at genetics for the breed...

guess this pup brought the wrong stick in to play with LOL, consider me tumbled....

Sebastions Mom Thanks for the link, I have been reading many areas trying to learn more but there is so much stuff on this forum I could have read for 2 years and maybe never have found it...

I am watching Zech's colors change and was loving finding pictures of badger pyrs... his black spots on his back are lightening to that beige color.... I have absolutely no clue if Zech is even 100%

I am one of those people that get ranted about here,
    I bought my puppy from an online ad, met at a public place, the ad was for pyr puppies,
    They were all (10) very clean, healthy and happy and there were all 10 of them there when I picked him up. From all the pictures on the ads of the pups, All very pyr like some were all white and some varying marks like zech's. The picture I was shown of the parents ? pyr enough, for me.
    He was $300, I actually didn't/don't care if he wasn't, It was the right time and place and Zech was meant to be part of our family.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Zechariah needed a good home, and he got a great one! That is all that matters. He is safe, he is happy, he is well cared for, and he is cherished unconditionally as a member of your family. You are definitely not someone I would rant against. We do promote responsible breeding practices, but we are also mindful that accidents happen. Those "accidents" have produced some truly exceptional canine personalities... The rants you see are largely directed against people who knowingly engage in irresponsible and unsafe breeding practices - not the people who give the resulting puppies loving, responsible homes. All of the puppies have to go somewhere...

As for Candace, you had no way of knowing. You found an article that you thought was interesting, and you shared it. I thank you for that. After all, that's the whole purpose of this forum - for us to share thoughts and ideas so that we can learn from one another. I know I am grateful beyond words for all that I have learned from my friends here.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Jewel`s Photos

I am one of those people that get ranted about here, I bought my puppy from an online ad, met at a public place, the ad was for pyr puppies
    Nope, not true.
    You have Zech and he has a great loving home. That's never been an issue on this site.

The issue we have with Bar 6 Diamond is for their claim that they are breeding "rare purebred" pyrs when I too strongly suspect they are selling pyr/border collie crosses. They tout the "purebred" then they tout the "rare" and they charge accordingly to unsuspecting buyers. We once ran into a family with such black & white dog. We saw them at the park while we were walking Bijou and Bro. I asked what kind of dog it was they said "great pyrenees." I told they it was not a pyr. From what I recall, they had bought that dog and was assured it was a purebred. They were upset with me. My husband told me I shouldn't have said it. I was sorry they were lied to but that dog was not a pyr and they should know they were lied to.

The dog on the right of my avatar pic was Bro, my pyr mutt. Bro was born at a rescue and we adopted him at 8 weeks. We saw him at Petsmart with his siblings and we totally adopted him on impulse. We knew he wasn't a purebred pyr though he was pure white and fluffy looking. We've always told people he was a mutt. We loved Bro for who he was, not what his bloodline was.

Jewel`s Photos

I have never seen adult pyr's that weren't 100% white and seeing that badger ends up like a beige coloring once adult...
    Much more fun to talk about badger marks...
    Ok, here are pics of Ren showing the color changes with his badger marks.
    From 5-6 weeks, 3 months, 7 months and 10 months:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DJ.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	8913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0519.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	8914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smell flower.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	8915Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender-5.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	8916

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Rudy's markings weren't quite as dark as Rens....

Name:	20121210_160131_resized.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	8917

Name:	R&H.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	8918

Name:	Rudy Boy.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	8919

Name:	Attention!.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	8920

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

I am one of those people that get ranted about here,
    If I made you feel that way I am sorry. You aren't why I was mad. Candace however is my trigger. I have ran into her on this forum and on Facebook. It doesn't matter how many well known breeders talk to her in her head she breeds rare purebred black Pyrs.

I love badger markings. Missy's Mom had badger markings and her Grandma was solid white. Missy is a mutt who I love to pieces and I only spent like $200 on her I didn't care that she was a mutt I was denied a dog from a rescue and wanted a dog so I looked and found her and you know what she is the best accident ever if you ask me.

Zech has an amazing home with a family who would do anything for him. You would never be the reason for me to rant.

If you want to see some purebred adult Pyrs with badger markings I have a facebook page for you then. When it's time for me to get another dog I think I am going to go through them for it. Their dogs are working dogs for the most part and head structure wise they remind me of Missy which might be why I am so fond of this breeder. https://www.facebook.com/Mistry-Grea...3434862184337/