Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Zech's Mom`s Photos

OMGosh Overwhelmed with the response and LOVE My reply was meant to be more tongue in cheek especially smilie things & the pup with a stick comment ... " talk about pyr pressure" LOLOLOL

I didn't read everything on that specific site, just picture surfing and a casual read LOL... BUT I AM SO EXCITED about just watching the color changes in my boy and how he's growing, PLUS his personality...

I am moving forward here too but I want to say It was sad to see something( Thanks SBMom for the link!!) that should have turned into a cool thread about color development go weird because even though she stepped in all acting as an expert she couldn't even converse on colors, just defend the names of the colors and ideas in her breeding program... kinda sad because she may have learned a ton over the years, and shared some cool things but just that one "my lawyer" means that when lawyers get involved people have usually evolved past of the point of sharing for knowledge and it is all about the dough.... I am STILL so fascinated on the color thing LOL
    Yep I obsess just like my pup can LOL

Here is Zech tail spots change to date
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diff.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	8923

And a montage of my Bernese pyr pup JJ... on paper he was 1/8th pyr, met his mom 1/4 pyr, dad, grandma, etc... and he had so little black with just that touch of pyr in his heritage.. even his nose was a dark brown... this badger is so cool and different...

Name:	1966790_1461958774033194_660499635_n.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	8924

Thank you all for sharing the pictures and links. Zech is a great boy and exactly what he should be... I can't wait to learn and share more with All of you!!!

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by nick's spirit View Post
    Rudy's markings weren't quite as dark as Rens....

Attachment 8917
    Attachment 8918
    Attachment 8919
    Attachment 8920
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    Much more fun to talk about badger marks...
    Ok, here are pics of Ren showing the color changes with his badger marks.
    From 5-6 weeks, 3 months, 7 months and 10 months:

Attachment 8913Attachment 8914Attachment 8915Attachment 8916
    THANK YOU GUYS!!!! I LOVE THE PICTURES I am watching my little big change before my eyes LOL and now it's so funny his tail is exploding there are fronds starting at the tip!!! I am having so much fun watching this guy grow so fast, he is so good and just owns me inside and out.. LOL

Young Dawg (Member) Pushover4Pyrs's Avatar

I am new to this site and glad to see members encourage new members!

Young Dawg (Member) Pushover4Pyrs's Avatar

your second pic could be Koda !!!! love love love

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Zech's Mom View Post
    And a montage of my Bernese pyr pup JJ... on paper he was 1/8th pyr, met his mom 1/4 pyr, dad, grandma, etc... and he had so little black with just that touch of pyr in his heritage.. even his nose was a dark brown... this badger is so cool and different...

Name:	1966790_1461958774033194_660499635_n.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	8924
    Okay now you are talking my language here. Missy is 1/2 Pyr and 1/2 Berner so now you have to share more pictures of JJ and tell me more about him? How old is he? In size to Zech how similar were their growth rates? Missy is really big for a female and because, she is mix I always assumed that, that was why she was so big compared to other female Pyrs.

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunibear View Post
    Okay now you are talking my language here. Missy is 1/2 Pyr and 1/2 Berner so now you have to share more pictures of JJ and tell me more about him? How old is he? In size to Zech how similar were their growth rates? Missy is really big for a female and because, she is mix I always assumed that, that was why she was so big compared to other female Pyrs.
    Tsunibear I lost him this last march he would have been 8 end of July. He is a completely different shaped body type than Zech and had much fluffier longer hair. He had a heart of gold and loved most everyone but the last year or so he became hand reactive to certain people. We made him this bandana.

Name:	DSCF1179.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	8952

He was 130lbs in his prime, still 120 when we lost him to bloat. Zechariah is so much more springy and agile, and limber. he is half as wide too...

His mom was 1/4 Pyrenees
    Here is Jeremiah Johnson - JJ with his mom at 8weeks when we got him and another of his mom

Name:	jeremiah & mom.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	8947

Name:	mom2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	8949

and JJ at 8 weeks and 4-5 months with my shiba girl

Name:	09-28-09-j1.jpg 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	8950

Name:	2010_0102Image0001.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	8951

I am so enjoying watching Zech grow up, My shiba Loves him too it is really helping her at her young 11 years, it is just so new with Zech everyday he is learning so fast..... CHEERS!!!

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Well here is how much my baby's badger colors have changed so far...

Name:	16-weeks.jpg 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	9143

truthfully he could turn green and I'd still be in love with this not so little guy....

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Christi`s Photos

THat Candace lady came at us with attitude from the get go, acting like we were elitist and were dismissing right from the start. Apollo is from an accidental litter. He is purebred, as far as I know. Wouldn't have changed anything at all if he were not. His dame went into heat and the owner shut her in the house to do some errands and much to his surprise came home and both of his dogs had managed to chew, claw and strong arm through the back door and the deed was done. He was not happy, his bitch was just over a year and not even close to ready for breeding. Unfortunately through getting a contaminated batch of shots the entire litter ended up with Parvo, and Apollo is the sole survivor of his litter. In a way I got him for free. I was refunded what I paid for him and the breeder paid half of the medical bills for having him treated.

So we are aware that nature prevails, and sometimes accidental breeds happen. Those dogs need homes as much as the ones in a shelter or a rescue. We are just glad to get to know them through their owners here and have the love and support of others who share our love of dogs. My other dog is a mutt, we know 100% her dame was a Aussie mix and its all guess work from there, I am fairly confident she also has some Border Collie, she sure looks like one anyway.

Name:	00O0O_2f7u0Ku989u_600x450.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	9144Apollo at 5 to 6 weeks, when I chose him.

Name:	10942613_824822714250025_1857901593714274736_n.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	9145 Roxy when she first moved in she was 2 years old here

Name:	11025162_833697613362535_4558572219665850041_n.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	9146 The first snow of 2015

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Okay JJ was super handsome.

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunibear View Post
    Okay JJ was super handsome.
    Tusni he was a heartbreaker, all his skin only got Dark brown never black... He was a ginger... I will never get over him being stolen from me by bloat I move on and my zech is everything and more than JJ even but JJ; he was something special....
    and he was the spokesman for my doggie goods company too...

Name:	fbiconfinal.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	9149 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	just good.jpg 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	9150

Christi HEARTFELT THANK YOU and Apollo's baby and roxy 's pics are so cute, I LOVE Roxy's smile!!! I love that no matter what, I have support here for my "baby" LOL he's so big... and The LOVE for our dogs is so abundant and plain to see here... I can't understand that Candace lady' s reactions at all really here... but truth outs as they say... right? I have never looked for pure breed other than for traits I wanted in my life... like my Siamese boy... I wanted that slinky seal point thing entirely. I declined papers for him I don't breed show etc... I live and my Peter kitten is becoming a playmate and friend to zech too... My female cat will launch 3 feet to punch him out so the jury's still out on her LOL... Our family 4-footed and 2 make it worthwhile for sure. I am LOVING having support with this guy.. I have no 2-footed kids and this is the most fun journey I have ever taken... CHEERS and I love the pics!!!!