Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by rx4bills View Post
    Let's see if I can handle posting a youtube video of Kali (11 months) trying to get me to play. She is very much into the play bow thing, and at this age really NEEDS her playtime!
    Kali is so cute!!! I love the bouncy bow and bark thing!!!

Zech is only like 13 weeks and He is just starting to have a voice and he play growls more than barks..

https://youtu.be/3bLppmg3aNA

Old Dawg (Senior Member) rx4bills's Avatar

Zech looks so playful! I remember those days, and having rugs too

If chewing stuff becomes an issue, we started buying indoor/outdoor rugs for the living room. Not fancy, but almost disposable, as Kali grows (slowly) out of her chewing phase. Bitter Yuck spray really does help, at least for a short time, it must wear off.

The pups have to get their play time in, it is healthy and essential!

Jewel`s Photos

She is very much into the play bow thing, and at this age really NEEDS her playtime!
    Awwww, Kali was trying soooooooo hard to invite you to play!!

Jewel`s Photos

The pups have to get their play time in, it is healthy and essential!
    Raising a pup is sure a lot of work!! Take lots of pics and videos (just like Zech's mom is doing ). They grow up so fast!!!

I've truly treasured watching Ren grow in his first year. Watching him experience things for the first time has been great fun at times Here was 8 month old Ren with his first turtle encounter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEtp-YN8Mn0

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    Raising a pup is sure a lot of work!! Take lots of pics and videos (just like Zech's mom is doing ). They grow up so fast!!!

I've truly treasured watching Ren grow in his first year. Watching him experience things for the first time has been great fun at times Here was 8 month old Ren with his first turtle encounter...
    Oh Jewel that is so fun with the turtle Grin.... Hubby keeps saying it's like a new dog everyday he learns and changes so fast.... and that ENERGY!! LOL and I haven 't even gotten to the really fun parts yet.

hubby brought me coffee in bed this am and I got to just lay there with Zech and have some quiet time.
    It will sure be nice when the needle puppy teeth go though....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4456.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	8954

Old Dawg (Senior Member) rx4bills's Avatar

Oh yeah, those needle puppy teeth! Incredible. I was so happy Kali finally got her adult, big, relatively blunt adult teeth! As a puppy, the peanut butter kisses training really helped her modulate her sharky teeth use. Still, she drew blood more than a few times! Could have been much worse. Our old golden retriever had little scab marks on his head and ears for months. She didn't know, but it got better! It ALWAYS gets better! (very common response)

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Oh yeah, those needle puppy teeth! Incredible. I was so happy Kali finally got her adult, big, relatively blunt adult teeth! As a puppy, the peanut butter kisses training really helped her modulate her sharky teeth use. Still, she drew blood more than a few times! Could have been much worse. Our old golden retriever had little scab marks on his head and ears for months. She didn't know, but it got better! It ALWAYS gets better! (very common response)
    PEANUT BUTTER KISSES it has been the best redirection tool for us once I found it on here.. he gets in a bite pattern and that is all he can do hyper play bite mode... he's doing good at not mouthing everyone but me. His first instinct is to grab mom and invite me to play. LOL love how I can calm him down and redirect the nipping with the peanut butter kisses. My shiba is quite ready for it to get better too LOL...

Jewel`s Photos

I couldn't wait for Ren to hit 4 months so those pyr shark teeth would start to fall out! I have to say, Ren was rather cooperative, the day he hit 4 months old the needle teeth started falling out...

Just got back from the dog park with Ren and can't resist posting this one...
    It really wasn't that long ago that Ren was the size of that 3 month old pyr pup he was chasing....

Name:	FullSizeRender-3.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	8957

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    I couldn't wait for Ren to hit 4 months so those pyr shark teeth would start to fall out! I have to say, Ren was rather cooperative, the day he hit 4 months old the needle teeth started falling out...

Just got back from the dog park with Ren and can't resist posting this one...
    It really wasn't that long ago that Ren was the size of that 3 month old pyr pup he was chasing....

Name:	FullSizeRender-3.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	8957
    I love this picture and especially the fact that you can see Ren's hourglass figure.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

I need to kidnap Ren and make him my own...he is just so darn handsome.