Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

snow0160`s Photos

🙏 thank you!! Kitís training is coming along. We are working on CGCA. She still has some behavioral problems we are trying to fix. For example, she barks at people at night like they are all felons lol. This was good when she barked at a stranger who jumped out of nowhere but yesterday she barked at our new neighborís baby. Thank you for the words of encouragement! We are gonna keep training!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) mikelg84's Avatar

I love the video of Kit stepping on the pivot. And it only took her 30 minutes to learn? Impressive!

Pippa had a blast at the lake this past weekend. She loves swimming and playing in the water with other dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxB08KD2xGc

I also took a video of her this morning while we were on our morning walk. I think it's so funny that every time she finds a stick she looks at me to see if I saw the stick, or the rock, or whatever she wants to bring home. It always makes me laugh the fact that she pretends that I didn't see what she found and that I can't see it, so I'm not going to say drop it or that I'm not going to tell her "you can't bring that home"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU7qZE6VNPA

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

snow0160`s Photos

Hahaha that is a massive stick! I gave your videos thumbs up. It makes me laugh to see dogs with sticks. Lucky loves sticks while Kit has no interest. You know what is funny about Kit? She picks things up fast but still poos inside and jumps on people. Once she learns she can do certain things, it is hard to unlearn.

Is your dog a Pyr? Mine is a Maremma but I let people believe she is a Pyenees. Everyone in my neighborhood insist they know what she is and I just stopped correcting people lol.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

I love the Pippa videos! She looks so proud of herself for finding the best stick in the neighborhood!

Snow, if it makes you feel any better, Sebastian was still pooping inside at Kitís age. Then, he decided one day that he didnít want to potty inside any more, and he stopped. If itís a 4am potty emergency, he will start demanding that I wake up until I believe him, and let him outside.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Quote Originally Posted by snow0160 View Post

Is your dog a Pyr? Mine is a Maremma but I let people believe she is a Pyenees. Everyone in my neighborhood insist they know what she is and I just stopped correcting people lol.
    She has Pyr blood in her, although not many people can see it. If she wasn't my dog, I wouldn't see it either.

It's the 1 million dollar question: "She's cute but, what is she?" And I tell people: well, she's a mutt and her DNA test came back as 50% Great Pyrenees, 25% Anatolian Shepherd and 25% mastiff.

I've seen GP and Anatolians look "similar" to Pippa, but still don't see the mastiff at all. I might do another DNA test in a few years to see how reproducible the data is.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastiansMom View Post
    I love the Pippa videos! She looks so proud of herself for finding the best stick in the neighborhood!

Snow, if it makes you feel any better, Sebastian was still pooping inside at Kitís age. Then, he decided one day that he didnít want to potty inside any more, and he stopped. If itís a 4am potty emergency, he will start demanding that I wake up until I believe him, and let him outside.
    Sebastian is very smart I think that it's great that he wakes you up when he has to go number 2... Pippa rarely has accidents in the house (I hope I'm not jinxing it...) but when she has to go, she just goes... At least she has her own spot upstairs, but I wish she would wake me up if she had to go! Oh well...

Jewel`s Photos

@snow: Lucky's play style is so cute and so awesome! The two of them were in tight quarters but he still manages to play with Kit without causing a giant ruckus slamming into walls and all. Lucky and Kit are clearly best friends!

@mikel: Geez, that's no normal stick that Pippa picked up! It was more like a young tree! There is no doubt Pippa is part pyr with that tail. A tail like that is the telltale sign that the dog is part pyr! She's such a pretty young lady now.

About the middle of the night potty breaks... Neither Bijou back then nor her nephew Ren now has any qualms about waking me up to go to the backyard to play with bugs or do nothing. it could be 1 a.m., 2 a.m., 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. ... Clearly it's trait that runs through the bloodline... At least Ren is nicer that he doesn't make me chase him around all over the yard... he usually just rolls over and I can put a leash on him. Bijou, on the other hand, would make me chase her all over the yard, usually around 2 a.m. ...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by mikelg84 View Post
    I love the video of Kit stepping on the pivot. And it only took her 30 minutes to learn? Impressive!
    I also took a video of her this morning while we were on our morning walk. I think it's so funny that every time she finds a stick she looks at me to see if I saw the stick, or the rock, or whatever she wants to bring home. It always makes me laugh the fact that she pretends that I didn't see what she found and that I can't see it, so I'm not going to say drop it or that I'm not going to tell her "you can't bring that home"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU7qZE6VNPA

Mikelg84 Too funny Zech is the same way we call those his treasures, we still have a small stone in the living room he brought in when he was about 12 weeks old...
    This was todays treasure... made me think of Pippa

https://youtu.be/qXd_5vLkLO4

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    @snow: Lucky's play style is so cute and so awesome! The two of them were in tight quarters but he still manages to play with Kit without causing a giant ruckus slamming into walls and all. Lucky and Kit are clearly best friends!

@mikel: Geez, that's no normal stick that Pippa picked up! It was more like a young tree! There is no doubt Pippa is part pyr with that tail. A tail like that is the telltale sign that the dog is part pyr! She's such a pretty young lady now.

About the middle of the night potty breaks... Neither Bijou back then nor her nephew Ren now has any qualms about waking me up to go to the backyard to play with bugs or do nothing. it could be 1 a.m., 2 a.m., 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. ... Clearly it's trait that runs through the bloodline... At least Ren is nicer that he doesn't make me chase him around all over the yard... he usually just rolls over and I can put a leash on him. Bijou, on the other hand, would make me chase her all over the yard, usually around 2 a.m. ...
    Snow I just love your babies and watching the train, play and love up LOL They are so joyous and happy and watching the play and bounce is just the best for my heart!!! I am so impressed with the pivot. Time for me & the boy to up the game some - see how he tales to it.

Jewel, Zech will wake us or ask to go out all day or night no matter what for.. SIGH and has only had 1 accident in probably over 6 months that was at work and we both were stuck me on the phone and hubby under an embroidery machine fixing something. and couldn't respond and get him outside...

he was so embarrassed and kept licking the back of my upper right arm when I picked up and cleaned. (how he shows mom he's grateful - he'll nose my arm like that when I pick up at the park or on walks too... I love that nose and boy)

BUT on the flip side he'll go out anytime I get up in the middle of the night and laydown in his spot; especially if it's cooling down, and then makes me bribe him to come in. He'll do it if I rattle the cookie jar ( THANKS SM- that tip has been a Godsend in my world)
    BUT if I rattle the cookie jar Kodimay gets up and wants a cookie too, then she wants outside. Which makes Zeck go outside again... I am suddenly up a half hour and talking to them and etc... I don't give round 2 cookies if they had them and they come in together just fine

I am loving all the shares keep 'em coming and THANKS everyone!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    Does Zach chase them? Ren LOVES to chase squirrels!
    OMG Jewel I do not have a high enough value treat to get Zech to de-squirrel...
    Hubby and I have to watch for squirrels driving and put the window up.... It's the only time I fear him trying to burst out of the car. Makes me ALWAYS make sure he's secured on leash before we change any environments... He's strong and fast and well just pyr-headed.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastiansMom View Post
    https://youtu.be/di7mwcaoE9Y

The boys havenít seen their arch nemesis squirrel lately. I hope the squirrel has just found some other dogs to torment!

I love all of these pictures!
    There is a cherry tree next to the garage behind us and about 4 squirrels are claiming it. They tease him so bad.... He'll sit like a statue with that stink-eye on 'em for so long... we usually have to intervene and make the squirrels go away so we can bring him in... He'll talk about it too when he comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zech's Mom View Post
    Mikelg84 Too funny Zech is the same way we call those his treasures, we still have a small stone in the living room he brought in when he was about 12 weeks old...
    This was todays treasure... made me think of Pippa
    Haha! That's great! I love seeing dogs bringing little and no so little treasures home.