Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tsunibear`s Photos

I am so glad that you guys are okay. I was really worried when I hadn't heard from you in awhile.

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by CaseysMom View Post
    but the flood stopped less than a foot from the front door.
    Thank goodness you guys got through intact. Hopefully we'll hear from Red and Sir Moose too.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

thank you for checking in!!!

I am glad that you & the boys were part of the fortunate ones....but were prepared....an interesting lesson in definition of a "want" versus a "need" ...priorities!

I also am glad that shelters finally realized how important our 4 legged families are to us....it's amazing how a situation like this helps pull people together.

Hope you continue to stay in the clear.....many happy hugs to you..

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Very relieved to hear frm casey's mom's family's ok
    I can just imagine what you went thru a storm few years ago has scattered our jetty into pieces and our car bonnet actually flew off...
    Hope the rest are ok too

Jewel`s Photos

My nephew was ok until they opened the dam. Luckily his apartment is on the 3rd floor so his stuff's fine but his car's done for.

Casey's Mom, is everything getting back on track ok for you guys?

Wonder how Red is doing...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

If they EVER get all the huge piles of limbs, tree trunks, ruined furniture picked up from along the streets here, it will be a lot better. Almost every yard has a big pile of stuff at the street. AND Sir Moose thinks he has to check out every pile on his morning walks. He once found a possum in a pile of brush and now he can't pass one up in case there is a possum in there. We still do not have able TV, but at least our phone is working as is my computer. It is a bundle by the cable company. But most of the stations we watch just say SIGNAL PROBLEM. We might get to watch for an hour or two, then it goes off. However, I am thankful to have electricity. Our house is total electric and now with electricity, hot showers, how water to wash hair, hot water so can use dish washer and washing machine. You do not realize how much you miss that stuff until you don't have it for days and days.
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) CaseysMom's Avatar

CaseysMom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    My nephew was ok until they opened the dam. Luckily his apartment is on the 3rd floor so his stuff's fine but his car's done for.

Casey's Mom, is everything getting back on track ok for you guys?

Wonder how Red is doing...
    Yes Jewel, everything is back on track for me and the boys; thanks for asking. The only things off track are the fact that, just like thousands of other people, I missed 5 days of work and didn't get paid for them; however, there is a disaster assistance website here where you can apply for assistance for lost wages. Creditors have been very understanding about Houstonians' potential late payments.

The other thing is the traffic, which is HORRIBLE! Freeways on the north side are under repair, so everyone is being re-routed onto south side freeways. Tons of traffic, angry drivers and resulting wrecks - the recovery process here will take months, if not years. BUT, I can't stop counting my blessings because we didn't have to evacuate, didn't lose everything and got back to what they're calling the "new normal" pretty quickly, and I really have NOTHING to gripe about. Glad your nephew is ok! And I hope we hear from Red soon!

Shaggy's Mom, I love hearing about Sir Moose's adventures post-Harvey (and the pictures), and am glad you got your electricity back. I have a picture I took of the flooded streets while walking Casey, and you can see his big head looking longingly at the park across the street which we couldn't get to at the time. I can't for the life of me figure out how I uploaded pictures on here when I first joined the forum. Have tried uploading from Dropbox, which didn't work, and even joined Photobucket, but that didn't work either; maybe all the water has caused my technology disability to get worse.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

I am so glad to hear that life is slowly-but-surely getting back to normal for you both.

My Mom was one of the first people back in New Orleans after Katrina, and the stories she tells from that time are surreal.

I hope that the recovery continues to go well. The boys and I are continuing to send lots and lots of love and good energy to everyone affected!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

We have 5 traffic signal lights here in our town and they were not working for 2 weeks. Had stop signs placed at all the intersections. Well, some thought those signs meant stop and go instead of taking your turn. Most folks were really good about it and would watch and wait their turn. We almost got run over a couple of times.

My son was telling us about a neighbor 2 houses down from them who has been a real (not so nice name). If she saw an electric power truck going down the stret, she ran out into the street screaming for them to get her power on, she was a tax payer and deserved to have power. The neighbor that lives between my son and that woman is an elderly lady who uses a walker. She had been out with her walker trying to clean her yard and my son went and grandson went over and got all the limbs cut up and at the street. That lady was telling him she thinks that other woman is nuts, tht she thinks she should come first with getting power, with brush pickup etc.

School is suppse to start her on the 25th, at least that is the plan. Are hoping all the schools are repaired by then. My granddaughter is a sophomore this year.

For all the inconvience of not having power, water boil, etc, I am thankful. It could have been so much worse. Our sons are fine. Ron did lose his garage door and a tree fell on his deck and messed up their back door somehow, but all are well and healthy. That is a lot to be thankful for.
    Jerry and Moose