Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Love and Good Energy for Our Coastal Texas Friends

Forgive me for this not exactly being Pyr-related, but I wanted to take a moment to send love and good energy to Shaggy's Mom, Chicago_Red, and any of our other Coastal Texas friends who are currently preparing for the uncertainty that Hurricane Harvey will bring over the next several days. I am hopeful that this storm is not as devastating as the forecasters are currently predicting, and that everyone is able to emerge from this unscathed.

The boys and I will have you in our thoughts over the next several days, and we hope to hear that you all are okay once this monster storm has passed.

Please let us know how you are when you can!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Thanks for bringing this to our attention SebastiansMom...

you all will be in my thoughts...hoping this storm doesn't effect anyone too badly...

stay safe

Nancy & Rudy

Just wanted to bump this, in case anyone else wants to send love to our members along the Texas Coast, or in case one of them checks in (if they are somewhere with electricity and internet).

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

We will be thinking of our Great Pyr friends and all in these areas and praying for their safety and comfort during this difficult time.

I wanted to share this article about Sebastian and Chester's daycare offering to take in pets of Harvey evacuees, in case any of our friends are contemplating coming to Dallas.

http://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/n.../287-469034825

The boys and I are continuing to send love and good energy to everyone who has been ravaged by this monster storm. Our hearts are with you, and we hope you and your families, two legged and four, are all safe.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

SM...I know you are not in the storms path, but how have you & the boys been doing?

Any residual from the storm?

Traffic....people?

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

I have been really worried about Casey's Mom, Shagy's Mom and Red. I am keeping them all in my thoughts.

Things in Dallas seem to be fairly normal, from what I've seen. Last thing I had heard was that there were still plenty of beds left at the mega shelter at the Convention Center. They are saying that we might have a gasoline shortage over the weekend. I'm not sure if that's a local thing, or more widespread.

Edit to add: Okay, so on the way to work today, every gas station I passed has had lines down the street of people waiting to fill up their tanks. I'm really really thankful that I filled up my car two days ago, and haven't driven much since.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

My Aunt and cousin live in Orange Texas and my cousin and her family evacuated. My Aunt stayed behind and the water was up to her porch today and they just opened the dam. So now I am super worried about our Texas friends near Houston because I know how far my Aunt is from Houston and if they are closer I just hope they are safe.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) CaseysMom's Avatar

CaseysMom`s Photos

Checking in from Houston. Harvey has been a monster of a storm but I was really blessed; over 10,000 people are in shelters here because they lost their houses and/or vehicles to the flood, and due to the slow release of water from the dams and reservoirs, some people are still under water. There were several really scary days in which I had both boys' crates broken down and a suitcase packed , but the flood stopped less than a foot from the front door. Casey and Jake's food, supplements, etc. occupied 75% of space in the suitcase! My neighborhood was like a little island surrounded by water (as were so many others), and due to the storm deciding to hang out here for so long, we all had cabin fever. One of my friends who lives less than 5 miles from me lost everything, and we've all been helping her. Houston is great though; we're survivors - neighbors were helping neighbors, Texas National Guard, the Coast Guard, and even the "Cajun Navy" from Louisiana were here rescuing people from the flood - we will survive this. My brother and his family live in Louisiana, but they missed the worst of the storm.
    Animal rescue was out in full force; the Humane Society of the US and the SPCA were here rescuing pets and livestock. The shelters were not accepting pets until they realized that a majority of Houstonians were not leaving home if they had to abandon their animals, so they all began accepting pets. I really hope I never have to see another storm of this size and strength!