Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Jewel`s Photos

[QUOTE=Zech's Mom;98616]His fur is growing in all over and that super soft puppy fur is turning into that nice adult outer coat.... I am going to miss that soft soft puppy fur....

Maybe not quite yet. The adolescent coat usually comes in after 6 months.
    Ren officially lost his pup coat around 8-9 months. I was actually sad that his puppy fur stage was gone forever...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Zech's Mom's Avatar

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Jewel thanks!!!! His hair is just exploding all over, hubby laughs at me and says it doesn't matter at all - but I keep saying it looks like he had a puppy cut before we got him, his hair has little lines and things where it is growing crazy... this is between the spots on his back

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5246.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	9199

I think it's time to head to the grooming threads and get some tips for his hair... the puppy brush I was using is now overwhelmed LOL

Name:	IMG_5258.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	9200

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Well it was a 4lb gain this week He's 46.4 lbs and will be 5 months by next weekend or so.
    but He seems like all bones LOL He just keeps growing.
    He's had his first dog park day and LOVED every muddy minute.....

The hair just next to his ears is curling out in little spirals...

Name:	IMG_5331.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	9203

Zech's Mom`s Photos

I cannot believe this guys has only been in my life for 3 months so far. Those eyes win everytime....
    he's 5 months now and gained 2.6lbs last week
    5 months =49lbs.... considering he was 5.5lbs when he came home that is just a huge change.

Name:	5months.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	9225

He is so smart and fun and work....
    the dog park is closed today through Thursday this week for maintanence.... I am already getting the bad-mom glares...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

I love watching this handsome boy grow up! That face is absolutely irresistible!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Wow it was a big week, he's 53.1lbs 4.1lbs gain this last week
    He's just growing so fast! He is getting in the car himself now. Loves the dog park, and meeting new friends
    Here he is with a husky pup - they had the BEST playtime...
    https://www.facebook.com/lori.billen...38237293967627

He gets off of the bed himself, but can't jump up so that is fun.... He has decided he likes to sleep with us once and a while. Love my Hubby, he gets up and lifts him up on the bed when he asks... he shares pretty well but doesn't really stay long. His bark is growing he has a rolling growl sound that is very attention getting, and he loves to talk about things when he's excited. It's raining again today though so I am already a bad mommy today and the rain means no Dog park..... Those eyes when he pouts at me are just too much....

These are from yesterday his colors are getting so much lighter as all that hair comes in....

Name:	IMG_5588.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	9228 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5622.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	9229

Love this sweet boy! Itís hard to believe he is already so big! I hope the rain goes away soon, so he can go play with his friends!

Zech's Mom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by SebastiansMom View Post
    Love this sweet boy! Itís hard to believe he is already so big! I hope the rain goes away soon, so he can go play with his friends!
    We have been so busy with work and my baby has had a lot of experiences in the last 2 weeks....
    Sebastian's Mom last Wednesday he had the BEST day ever at the dog park... He was literally a tan dog when we were done...

Name:	IMG_5682.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	9296

...Then he got a bath OH NO I guess that last one was too long ago, because he liked his 2 earlier puppy baths...
    and he's only 5.5 months old
    Not this one afterwards he went and hid in the coldest part of the house next to the washer and dryer and moped and started trembling... giving me the it's all mom's fault eyes too

Name:	IMG_5731.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	9297

We coached him back to the living area and his bed and covered him with his fleece blankie...I wish I had had the chance to take a picture he was being deliberately camera shy any time I picked up my phone...
    He walked around the house with that blanket on him like race horse for a couple hours until dinner.
    It was hysterical- he was so put out by the bath...

BUT THEN HORRORS Thursday night we pulled up the food and later even the water - Friday he had his neuter appointment, and he KNEW something was going on...
    The city and county I live in requires all dogs to be neutered by 6 months, and licensed to be in the dog parks...
    So choice on timing was decided for me.

He did GREAT the whole way through, and handled his cone like a champion... he weighed 55 lbs on Friday, he is 24" at the shoulder now too.

Name:	IMG_5753.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	9298

Name:	IMG_5762.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	9299
    the cone we removed yesterday and he is leaving the site alone and really doing great. His last dose of the meds is tonight.

Now the only Question I really have is how the "BLEEP" do you keep a 5-6 month old pyr pup calm and inactive for a week or more LOLOL He'll wake up and be at full speed just to get to his water bowl....

I can't wait until we can go Dog park again.....

He has been busy growing! My goodness, he has gotten big!

That look on his face after the bath! It looks like he is becoming a master of Mommy manipulation!

As for keeping them calm after the neuter, I havenít figured that one out. Sebastian was calm until the anesthesia wore off. He was neutered his first day of puppy class, so the plan was that he was going to stay with my Mom while I went to class. We got to my Momís house, and Sebastian started tearing around her house like a madman. My Mom was having none of it, (I canít say I blame her) and he ended up going to puppy class with me.

Chester was roughly a year old when he was neutered, and I wasnít much more successful at keeping him calm afterward. It only took a day or two for him to build up enough excess energy to drive me crazy enough to relent and let him play. I did watch him carefully, but...

Zech is such a handsome young man!

Jewel`s Photos

Glad I-am-a-big-boy-now-Zech is recovering nicely both after the bath and the little surgery!

These young ones recover from neuter so very quickly. My Bro was neutered at 6 months and I had to take off that cone within a day because he was wrecking the house with it. He didn't bother the surgery site and I pretty much just let him get back to his normal puppy business.

Hopefully Zech will be back at his dog park in just a few days!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zech's Mom View Post
    The city and county I live in requires all dogs to be neutered by 6 months, and licensed to be in the dog parks...
    Wow, that's kinda strict!