Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

I'm so glad that the diarrhea has cleared up!

Please let us know what the vet says!

Sebastian's first vet definitely thought that I was a major pain in the butt. They probably threw a big party the day I called to have his records sent to his current vet. The place I take the boys now at least tells me to my face that they appreciate the fact that I would rather try to catch and treat something early than adopt a wait to treat until they are miserable approach. What they say about me behind my back is their business alone.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

snow0160`s Photos

I had hoped to get an appointment if I called early (8am when they opened) but no such luck. Everyone is slammed and o have to wait until until the weekday.

It happens...

Hopefully, the vet will be able to get you in early next week! Sending good energy that there are no more major Beethoven moments until then!

snow0160`s Photos

Thank you guys so much! Kits urinalysis came back negative. I think she might be going through a crazy phase. This morning she was running around pawing me to get me to play. Then she started digging in her bed and flying around the sofa. I think the teenage years is happening. It does not appear to be a physiological issue. Should we continue to regulate her water?

If it were me, I would talk to her breeder and see if Kit's "drinking problem" is a familial trait, and if restricting her water is something that is okay. I was told by Sebastian's rescue NOT to restrict his water, but that's because he's part Saint Bernard. It could be that the water intake requirements are different for a Maremma.

When I was going through this with Sebastian, his first urinalysis came back negative. If Kit is still having issues in a few weeks, I would not hesitate to take her back for repeat testing.

Hopefully, it won't come to that!

snow0160`s Photos

Oh no. She peed in the front door again. I am going to bring her back to the vet tomorrow morning. I have a ladle that has recently become the dog pee ladle. Good thing I didn't throw it away after using it previously. Everyone needs a dog pee ladle lol.

snow0160`s Photos

I am sooooo glad I collected her morning urine because her UTI came back positive and she had some crystals. I think I need to feed Kit Orijen rather than Fromm Gold. I am not a fan of Fromm and she might have to go on specialty food for a while.

I hope she will be on her way to feeling much much better soon! So glad you got this figured out!

Jewel`s Photos

Oy, sorry that Kit has UTI... But at least she will be treated now. Here's to a speedy and uneventful recovery!!

snow0160`s Photos

Thank you guys. We had a super funny incident at the vet. For some reason, she freaked out at the thermometer in the rear. She screamed bloody murder and then hid her rear under a bench the whole time and would not move. Lol. Poor Kit. Now I wonder if we will have problems in the future with getting her temperature taken. It is strange she never reacted to this before despite going to the vet several times.