Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

snow0160`s Photos

Red face Are you dressing for your dog?

I dress for my dog. My clothing are either white, slippery, or donated. My sofa is also white and so is my furniture. I carry around a pocket size lint remover. I am a lint removing expert. People make fun of this fact about me all the time but I was wondering if the rest of you also do this. hehe. Any funny stories?

One time my husband went to the bicycle store in his black polo after picking up Kit from the car. We took Kit to a nice restaurant, which was right next door. The guy asked if he sat on an animal and I asked if he wanted a hug from Kit too. I showed him our dog and he just laughed.

Jewel`s Photos

Ha! I definitely do not dress according to my dog(s)... We've had pyrs since 2000... and my wardrobe is still predominantly black... Guess I just never learn...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Not exactly... Since we wear a traditional type habit, we are clad from head to toe in black. You can likely imagine the total impossibility of remaining fur-free with one Pyr and two golden Kangals. Not happening. Being covered with obvious fur has just become part of who I am. Definitely one of the best parts

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3676.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	8804

I'm not sure which one I would dress for...
    In all fairness, I have a few winter coats that live in garment bags most of the time, as well as a few dresses. There have also been a limited number of times that I have made buying decisions based on whether or not dog hair would stick to a particular garment. Other than that, I don't really worry about it from day to day. Then again, I don't have to get dressed up for work, so it's pretty much jeans every day.

My couch is dark gray, but I bought it before either of the dogs came along.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

snow0160`s Photos

You guys are so brave! I used to live in the NE and 80% of my clothing was black. I had to stop wearing those black sweaters bc it was a fur magnet. I miss those days.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) CaseysMom's Avatar

CaseysMom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by snow0160 View Post
    You guys are so brave! I used to live in the NE and 80% of my clothing was black. I had to stop wearing those black sweaters bc it was a fur magnet. I miss those days.
    I used to wear black more than any other color and I still do, but I also travel with one lint remover in my purse and another in the car.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Missy is orange so I don't care her hair shows on every color, plus I am covered in every dog who enters my shops hair too on top of that. I am pretty sure I eat hair at this point and my lungs are coated in it too. Dog hair to me is magical fairy dust at this point or glitter...you touch it and it spreads.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Rena450's Avatar

Rena450`s Photos

I'm with Jewel .... I still wear black, but, I have those lint rollers all around my house and one in my car.