Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tsunibear`s Photos

He is so cute! I can't wait to watch him grow.

Jewel`s Photos

Totally adorable!!!!! Congrats and enjoy!!!

Road Dawg

So a better update now that we have had Judge for a couple days now.

He has a few quirks I noticed. He only seems to eat (I scheduale feed) if I'm around. I have to be in the same room with him for him to eat. He is also a slow eater...I'm talking lays down and nibbles 1 kibble at a time.... I am hoping that all this means I'm not going to have a resource guarding issue. That is something I've had to deal with in the past and it is a doozy! In regards to feeding he is also almost I dunno scared or at least doesn't like eating out of a dish. I've tried the stainless steel dish, a glass bowl and right now I'm using a plastic shallow Tupperware container... he will go to eat and then pull his head out sit down and look at the dish and me. He will eat his food off the floor just fine. I do wonder if it's his name tag hitting the bowl but he conquered the water dish just fine.

He is also super sensitive with meeting people and other dogs and takes a bit to warm up to them. He especially gets scared or overwhelmed when they try to coddle him or go up to him before he's ready. I tell them to just ignore him and let him come to you which after a while does happen and then he's absolutely fine with them and will come when they try later. I am really going to work on the socializing.

Kennel training is going great (after the first couple nights) He now goes in with out fussing for the night then will whine in the morning when he needs to go out.

He's great travelling in the vehicle. He lays on the floor and sleeps. Very content it seems. This is also something I am hoping sticks!

All in all I'm super happy with him.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0742.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	8745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0746.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	8746

Old Dawg (Senior Member) rx4bills's Avatar

Handsome pup! Sounds like he's doing just fine. Lots of new changes for him, so I'm sure once more settled in all will be fine. Welcome!

Tessy`s Photos

With the eating outside of the bowl, my dog does the same thing. I think she just likes it better when it is spread out on the ground. Sounds like your pup is settling in nicely.
    Owned by Tessy (3 Yrs.) & Magnus (1.5 Yrs.)

Enjoy Life with Your Big White Fluffy Dogs

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Our Pyr, Sir Moose is about 10 (adopted almost 3 years ago, owned by previous owners 4 years, thought to be about 3 when found on the ?River Walk in San Antonio stealing food from salad bar in open are restaurant.) And he4 likes to get a mouthful of food from his dish, putit ont he floor and then eat it. Wasn't to bad with kibble, but due to liver disease, I cook for him and nothing like having put a mouth full of rice with chicken, carrots and apples in it on the floor to eat. Now idea why he does this, but has done sicne we got him, kibble then, rice etc now. BTW, you little guy is so cute.
    Jerry and Moose

Road Dawg

So it's been a full month with Judge. We are very pleased with our addition.

We are still working on the puppy nipping. I feel like it's taking longer to deter this behaviour than with previous puppies I've had but then again I can't fully remember at what age I got the others to fully stop. He's super young still so I'm not worried at all. It will just take persistence.

Potty training we are still working on. He understand the word potty and will relieve himself outside when we ask. When inside the odd time he will go sit by the back door and look at us to go out but there are still times he will pee in the house when we aren't dilligent to his restlessness or we don't catch him up from his naps. All our faults really. Again not overly worried it will come.

He loves his indoor bed and knows what bed means. We give him his chew bones on his bed and treats. We are in the process of making that his go to place especially while we are eating. He also has a kennel for nighttime which he does well in but I wouldn't say it's his favourite place to be. Last night we left him in the backyard as he just was not interested in coming inside. He did great out there and didn't hear a peep from him until 8:00am (which is breakfast).

Here is a 7 week- 11 week comparison. He is losing all his lil black guard hairs and is going a honey colour (just as I thought he would). His white blaze has been replaced by white eyebrow spots which I think is cute!

Name:	IMG_0796.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	8764

Jewel`s Photos

Sounds like Judge is doing great! Ren's potty training took months. He was improving little by little but wasn't totally trustworthy until he was about 6 months old.

Feeling deprived with just one current pic! He reminds me of Tsuni's Missy. Would love it if you'd share a few more pics!!!!!!

Road Dawg

Also just got back from the vet and he weighs 25lbs at 11.5 weeks old. They said he'd mature around 80lbs but I just don't see that.....his dad was 140lbs and mom was around 100lbs.

Does anyone remember their pups weight around 12weeks and their adult weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    Sounds like Judge is doing great! Ren's potty training took months. He was improving little by little but wasn't totally trustworthy until he was about 6 months old.

Feeling deprived with just one current pic! He reminds me of Tsuni's Missy. Would love it if you'd share a few more pics!!!!!!
    As you wish!

Name:	IMG_0784.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	8767Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0206.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	8768Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0201.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	8769

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Kholts View Post
    Also just got back from the vet and he weighs 25lbs at 11.5 weeks old. They said he'd mature around 80lbs but I just don't see that.....his dad was 140lbs and mom was around 100lbs.
    Ah, as TexasKat said and I've adopted as my favorite saying... "as long as his legs are long enough to reach the ground, he's big enough"

You will find out soon enough how big Judge will be. Time goes by incredibly fast.