Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Default Sir Moose Had An Ad-vulture!

Well, Sir Moose had an adventure this morning, or maybe I should say an advulture! He was out back and Jerry hear him barking very excitedly. Went out--and Sir Moose was chasing a huge bird around in the yard. Jerry came running back in and horrered at me that he thought Sir Moose was after a buzzard.

I went out and sure enough, there was a buzzard on the ground running from him, and flapping it's wings. It seemed to only be able to get a couple of feet off the ground, and then back to running.

Got Sir Moose to stand back and the buzzard managed to fly up onto the top of the 6 foot wood fence. It sat there for a few minutes and then flew off. What it was doing in the yard and on the ground, we have no idea

He has always barked at hawks and ospreys, etc, but never at buzzards. But I suspect from here on out he will be barking when he sees buzzards overhead. After all, one was a serious threat to his people that he protects from such horrible, life threatening critters as flying big birds, LOL
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Hahaha I have a visual in my head that makes me laugh a lot now. Moose was just protecting his yard and now that Vulture will know better.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Nice to know that Moose will protect you...from almost anything!!

at least you got him to stand back and the bird got away....my guess is he won't come back to your place anytime soon!

Flock Guardian (Moderator) Terry's Avatar

Good boy Moose!