Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet Zeke

Puppy (New Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Meet Zeke

My aunt runs a rescue in town and came across 3 puppies that had been dumped at a mobile home park. She showed us the pictures of them and one caught our eye, we talked about maybe fostering until she could find a home for him, but when she brought him over for the meet and greet, it was all over, he's ours now. There were 3 of them, 1 boy and 2 girls. She believes they have a little shepherd mix in them. We've had him for a few weeks now, went for his first vet visit on Monday and weighs in at 52 lbs. He is the sweetest boy. Our 12 year old black lab is slowly accepting the idea that she's not queen of the house any more, and the 12 year old cat wishes he would go back from where he came, but she'll come around. Our first pyr so we've been in full education mode.

The first pic is with his sisters and initial foster family that took them for the 1st four months, second pic was his 'glamour shots' photo my aunt took that suckered us in, third shot was his first walk and last pic with his new buddy Marty the Moose.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17016775_1407497995938266_6369286884366636707_o.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	8646

Name:	17434624_1429451490409583_6394607276489007526_o.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	8647

Name:	17862288_10209208956085018_4203791215767873622_n.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	8648

Name:	20170419_203726.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	8649

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Welcome Zeke & family!!!

you are one handsome young guy!!!

from the last photo, it looks like Zeke may have double dew claws, is that right?

education on Pyr's, that's a good thing....keep reading, keep searching, keep asking questions. You will find out that Pyr's are not Labs, nor any other "biddable" type of dog. What some people call "stupid" is more like "thought process, intelligence"

thank you for giving this boy a good home, and thank your aunt for her dedication to rescue....she must be a very special person!

keep us up to date on Zeke & his antics as he grows & shares your life

Nancy & Rudy

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

snow0160`s Photos

Zeke is super adorable. I love puppy photos!!! How sweet you've rescued him! My first LGD was a rescue.

Jewel`s Photos

Easy to see how you got suckered in! Yes, it will be a different road with a pyr. They are not quite wired the same way as other breeds. Your boy looks a lot more like a pyr than his sisters. It is possible for a litter of pups to have different fathers. Regardless, you've got a adorable boy and may you have many, many happy years with him.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Congratulations, Zeke and family, and welcome to the forum!

He is one handsome little guy!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Puppy (New Member)

Yup, he has the double dew claws in the rear. Three of them look really clean and should be easy to clip, one is a bit iffy, seems to curve real quick and stay close to the paw pad. We make sure to play with his paws all day so he gets used to them being handled.

Luckily being around his sisters and other dogs/cats/people/kids from basically birth, he is very calm around everything. On walks when other people/dogs walk by, he'll just sit down and watch them, it's the funniest thing. My wife works at a preschool in the afternoon and normally takes the lab with her, but has started mixing in taking Zeke, and he does great there, he's just so mellow. Although he still has his puppy spaz out moments, mostly after his walks or a random passby of the cat, and he's running circles around the house and the back yard.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

Hello and welcome from the coast of Texas. Yep, easy to see how you got suckered. Zeke is adorable--if I can say that about a boy!We adopted our first Pyr, a blind 7 year old old who had lead a miserable life, but was so sweet and gentle. Sadly we lost him just 3 1/2 qweeks after we got him . Hemangiosarcoma took him. The rescue gave us a choice of money back or another Pry and since a house is not a home without a dog (heath permitting), we took another 7 year old. He had been named Moose and we didnt' change it. And now, he is Sir Moose. I figured that I was queen of this "castle and land" so was in my power to knight him, LOL.

Sir Moose gravitates towards kids. We can have him at Tractor Supply or Lowes and if he sees kids, he all but drags us to them. He is so gentle and laid back, but he does protect us from leaves blowing by the windows, acrons trying to get in thru the roof, June bugs trying to enter thru the screens, etc. Also, possums in the yard at night and hawks, ospreys, eagles flying over head in the day. Gotta love these guys.
    Jerry and Moose

Puppy (New Member)

Some updated pics...he's probably closing in on 6 months old now, finally lost all of his puppy teeth, 65ish lbs. Still loves being around other people/dogs and as sweet as can be.

Hanging out in the backyard, probably wondering what the neighbor dog is barking at...

Having a staring contest with my parents 3.5lb Chihuahua (who my parents also fosterfailed from my aunt 10 years ago)

His big smile

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

He's such a handsome boy and looks like he's doing great! Love the staring contest!!! So funny!

Jewel`s Photos

I love that staring contest pic too!!! I do not miss those puppy teeth....