Young Dawg (Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Not sure where to post this

If you look I have been off for a while. Not long after joining this forum I had a massive heart attack and about 40% of my right ventricle is dead.

Please excuse me posting this here but I cannot post in the adoption forum and I am running out of time.

I have been rehabilitating for a while and have had some help with my dogs, but now that I am back home I can no longer care for my animals.

I have been able to place all but one of my pygmy goats and 3 chickens. I have 4 pyrs and 1 labrobull (he was a rescue) I have to place them. I am in stage 3 heart failure and moving to stage 4. My dogs will outlive me and I need to make sure they are okay.

The 2 females I have covered, but I have two males and a labrobull (male and I will explain).

Grylls - He is about 3 years old. He was living in a barn when I bought him. He had been muzzled so long it too me months to get him to eat. He is a loving guy. Big sweet animal. He gets jealous but not too bad and there is not enough love in the world for him. Having to watch tears my heart out and hurts me. I really am crying while I write this.....

Loki and Lucky - Loki is a male pyr and was the smallest of an unplanned pregnancy between Grylls and one of my females (they locked up after Grylls surgery (he still had stitches) and she got pregnant. No one wanted Loki at the time because he was so small. Loki - is huge now. I cannot believe that he is the size he is. Big sweet animal that loves everybody who will pet him. Lucky almost got ran over one day when my wife was returning from work. (we live in the country). She stopped and scooped him up because he was so malnurished and eat up with lice and mange.
    Cost me about $500 bucks to get him cleared up and after that he and Loki became inseperable. YOu would have to see them together to understand why I cannot seperate them. I truly believe to do so would cause one or both to grieve themselves to death.

I hate asking but if anyone knows of a potential home for these pups I will deliver them for free. They are current on shots, they have all been neutered, and they are great dogs.

Please understand I am dying and finding these guys good homes is a must for me. I have 1 child in military, 1 in college, 1 still at home but he is only 14 so I have no family that can take them.

I can send pictures to anyone who is interested and

Thank you,

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

PYRGUY,

I wish I had words. I am so very very sorry to hear about your health. I cannot imagine what you and your family must be going through right now.

Being that you are in Tennessee, I would suggest contacting Big Fluffy Dog Rescue in Nashville, to see if they can help find homes for your dogs. They have a "No Dog Left Behind" policy, so if they are able to take your Pyrs, they will take your Labrabull, as well, and hopefully adopt Loki and Lucky out as a bonded pair.
    They can be reached here: https://bigfluffydogs.com/contact/

I will continue to network and see if I can find additional resources to help you place your dogs and other animals, as well.

Sebastian, Chester, and I send much love and light to you and your family, and will be keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) snow0160's Avatar

snow0160`s Photos

I cannot imagine the pain you and your family must be going through. When I rescued my first dog I came to contact with FL pyr rescue and they travel across state lines in rescuing great pyrs. I think your dogs will go to a good home. I highly recomend what Sebastion's mom said. These group do a pretty extensive background check with telephone interview and home visits before placing dogs. It is really brave to post this and admirable to do the right thing.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

PYRGUY....I am so sorry to read this about your health, my thoughts are with you & your family as you go through this together.

My other thought for you to look for a good home for your 4 legged family is Facebook as well as Big Fluffy Dog....
    maybe your children could help & put out some photos of your pups & interview potential new homes. I know one of the most difficult decisions is having to rehome these friends, the strength & love to do this is tremendous.

My only other suggestion....I know you want them to go to good homes, but if you advertise, please ask a re-homing fee...it will help weed out any unsavory characters...you don't have to accept the fee...you would just be keeping people honest

I will hold you in my thoughts...

Nancy

Young Dawg (Member)

Update for everyone. Grylls has home now. Also have new home for last goat.
    Still working on Loki and Lucky.
    Thank you for all the help and support.

Jewel`s Photos

I am so happy for you that you were able to find homes for everyone else. May you soon have the peace of mind that Loki an Lucky will meet their new family. That family is out there.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

I am so sorry about your heart condition and I know how hard it must be for you to have to give up your beloved animals, but you are doing the right thing. Our Sir Moose will be our last dog. Hubby is 73 and I will be 72 in a month. He had a massiave heart attack Feb. '13, emergency triple by pass and two years later a pace maker. Unbelievable as it seems. he had been home from rehab from 6 days and my heart quit. We are only 20 miles out of Corpus Chrisit, but I was flown by copter to the heart hospital in San Antonio. Two stents in my hear and a pacemaker. My heart does not beat on it's own, the pacamker and a zilliojn wires make it beat. And to add insult to injury, 6 months after that, total renal failure brought on by pone of my diabetes meds. But turns out the part of my kidneys that failed was the part that will regenerate and they did. I stay in lower stage 3 kidney failure, but that sure beats the total failure and dialysis I was on at first. So we our health problems we have decided it would not be fair to hae another dog. I have owned dogs since I got an English Setter puppy for my 11th birthday back in '56 and it is hard to imagine not having one. But we have to be fair to the animals.
    Jerry and Moose