Old Dawg (Senior Member) ecfinn's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Toby has been helping me recover the past few months

Hi everyone,

I've not been online much the last two months as I lost my job two months ago and have been really struggling since then. The one constant during this time has been my pyr, Toby, who won't leave my side. Today as I was laying in bed he climbed in with me, laid down next to me, and put his head on my wife's pillow. This is the view I had of him. Toby is not generally a very empathetic dog and would not make a good therapy dog, but he's truly been in touch with my needs the last two months. I don't know what I would have done without him. Hug your pyrs tonight and be thankful for all they do for you. (Even if they just make you laugh when you need it.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17359036_10155286756565832_1927075174592773256_o.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	8570

Thanks,
    Eric

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Eric, thanks for checking in...you always have alot of good insight & advise...

and it seems like Toby thinks you do as well....it is interesting how they can tell when things aren't as they should be...and they really want to try to help make things right again.I think Toby is more intuned with you then he ever let you know before...and now he thinks you need to know..he's there for you...his buddy

I do hope that things turn around for you....these are trying times...you have a wonderful family surrounding you..and obviously a dog who cares fro you very much...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

I hope things go your way soon Eric. You can tell Toby loves you a lot.

Jewel`s Photos

Sorry to hear of your situation. May Toby's love bring forth positive news in the very near future. Big hugs to Toby and to you and family.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Shaggys Mom's Avatar

Ingleside, Texas, United States of America

I am sorry for your situation. We went that route a few times during working years and it is horrible, But somehow, things always worked out. As for your Toby. He knows you are down. It is amazing how so many dogs can pick up on things like that. When Hubby spent 5 days in hospital with lung infection and touch of pneumonia (got out Thanksgving morning at 11:00, just in time for Thanksgiving dinner with all the family), Sir Moose, who is usually DEMANDING of his morning walk did pester Jerry at all. Jerry sat in his recliner and Sir Moose would lay at his feet as tho keeping a close eye on him. BUT once Jerry took him for a walk a few days after getting out of hospital, THEN Sir Moose demanded his daily walk.

Sir Moose loves everyone, but especially kids. He gravitates towards them when we have him out and he sees kids. His entire back end just wiggles with joy. I do think he would make a good therapy dog , especially for kids. Wishing you good luck with the job situation.
    Jerry and Moose

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Eric, So sorry to hear how tough the last couple months have been. Adding our prayers that you will find new work and stability soon. Must be extra hard with a family to support. I can't count how often my trio brings me a smile, joy and comfort, just by existing... So glad you have Toby to help carry you through!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) CaseysMom's Avatar

CaseysMom`s Photos

Eric, I can relate to your job loss situation. I was unemployed for several months in 2015 (and under-employed for the next year). It was very rough and I didn't have a family to take care of like you do. And I wouldn't have made it without my dogs, Casey and Jake. They CAN pick up on how you're feeling, and your picture of Toby is priceless. I see better days ahead for you and your family.