Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Osteosarcoma

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

I am so very sorry for your terrible loss, especially with it following so closely behind the sudden loss of your sweet boy.

Sebastian, Chester, and I are sending lots of love and light to you and Mya.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Jewel`s Photos

I am so sorry, indescribably sorry, for you. Yours is a story I still feel so very deeply. We said goodbye to Bro 5 months ago also from osteosarcoma (Bro is the one on the right in my avatar pic). Bro was 3 months shy of turning 12. Due to Bro's age, we also chose not to amputate and loved him for all the time we were allotted.

Bro went through palliative radiation which dealt with pain. It was successful for him. For many months he was not on any pain meds. We are lucky to be in an area where this treatment is available close by. I understand they are developing a vaccine for this cancer. By the time Bro came down with it, the clinical trials had closed so Bro wasn't able to participate in one. There is also stem cell treatment that have shown good results with humans, so hopefully they will develop the same thing for dogs in the near future.

Big hugs to you and Mya. It is ever so difficult on the ones left behind.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

I am sorry you lost your girl yesterday...she knew she was loved & cared for, always with you..

Mya was a good big sister, giving comfort & confidence when Bailey needed it....she's a special girl...

May the emptiness you feel now somehow fill with the good memories of the time you had together

Nancy & Rudy

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

So deeply sorry to hear that you had to let her go so soon. My heart is with you. I am so glad you have your other little girl to hold, pet and keep close to you. She knows she is needed more than ever now...