Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tsunibear, I feel your pain! I have had to paint the inside part of jean buttons with nail polish to keep from breaking out in hives. No fun at all.

The good news on the Sebastian front is that it is starting to look like he may not have a contact allergy after all. Now that the swelling and inflammation have gone way down, it looks like he has about a 1/2 inch cut on his chin. My best guess is that he and Chester were playing, and he got his chin caught on a Chester tooth. I didn't notice it, so I didn't clean it, and he developed a really nasty infection.

This is what it looks like today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3388.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	8459

This is the bowl he got for Christmas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3324.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	8460

It's only 12" high, so while it's possible that his chin could touch it, I don't think it would have enough contact to cause that kind of reaction. I hope not, anyways...

I ran all of their bowls through the dishwasher on the sanitize cycle last night, and I'm going to keep up with the medicated wipes for as long as he lets me.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

I agree with your suspicions about "rough playing" being the culprit....now on top of everything else, you must check the boys each day when you get home for signs of cuts & scrapes!

Love the new water bowl!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Yeah I can't use clear nail polish due to my allergy to formaldehyde...it's fun being me. My friends and I joke about me needing to live in a bubble because, while it's easy for me to avoid nickel, formaldehyde and cherries...cinnamon however is hard to avoid. You would be surprised to learn what all has cinnamon in it.

I do agree I think a scrape is your culprit on handsome Sebastian.