Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Weight and Size

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Espinay's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Espinay`s Photos

Don't stress too much about her growth if she is still growing. You want them to grow slow as it puts less stress on growing bones and joints.

If you want to check out other Pyrs there will be a good opprtunity at the end of April as this year the Great Pyrenees Club of America National Speciality is being held in Vancouver WA (at the Red Lion Hotel). The show goes from Wed 30 Apr to Sat 3 Apr with a Regional Specialty also being held on Sun 4 Apr. Lots of Pyrs to see and also lots of Pyr paraphenalia to buy. I will be coming over from Australia for the event Some info here: http://gpcaonline.org/natlspec2014.htm (also a group on FB here: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...61481580669858 )
    Espinay Pyrenean Mountain Dogs (Australia) - putting the Breed before breeding

www.espinay.com

Puppy (New Member)

Hello, I just purchased a 14 week old Great Pyrenees pup. She only weighs 16 pounds. she is not tall either. Is this normal? Both parents are purebreed.

Puppy (New Member)

Hi, I just bought a Great Pyrenees pup she’s 14 weeks old and only weighs 16 pounds. Just wondering if this is what you went through.

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn1a View Post
    Hello, I just purchased a 14 week old Great Pyrenees pup. She only weighs 16 pounds. she is not tall either. Is this normal? Both parents are purebreed.
    As long as she's eating, growing, bright and happy, she's perfectly normal. You want to keep her in good body condition, not fat, not too skinny.

Puppy (New Member)

I adopted a male 7 month old from a rescue about 3-4 weeks ago. He appears to be purebred, however, he seems to be small. When I got him the rescue was feeding him adult Purina Kibble and Bits. She had him for 4 months. Could that have attributed to his smaller stature. I immediately changed him to a quality large breed puppy formula and he has grown visually and gained about 7 lbs. The vet said he is very healthy and his weight is perfect for his height. He is now about 8 months and 58.2 lbs and about 26 inches at his shoulders.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_160308.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	10337