Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) CaseysMom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

CaseysMom`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunibear View Post
    Yeah just be up front with the groomer and you should be okay as long as your groomer is an honest person.

Glad I could make you laugh. Let's see today I was bit three times by one dog and peed on and that's a good day for me.
    Oh Tsuni, I'm sorry. The written word leaves so much room for misunderstanding. I wasn't laughing at you getting bitten. I work with a very special group of people and when you said that if you did people hair you wouldn't get bitten or peed on, the first thing I thought was, "don't be too sure." We have to take precautions for BOTH of those things. THAT'S what made me laugh. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Oh, and today I took both boys to the veterinarian for their bordatella vaccines and SHE wondered why I didn't shave Casey so he'd be cooler!!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by CaseysMom View Post
    Oh Tsuni, I'm sorry. The written word leaves so much room for misunderstanding. I wasn't laughing at you getting bitten. I work with a very special group of people and when you said that if you did people hair you wouldn't get bitten or peed on, the first thing I thought was, "don't be too sure." We have to take precautions for BOTH of those things. THAT'S what made me laugh. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Oh, and today I took both boys to the veterinarian for their bordatella vaccines and SHE wondered why I didn't shave Casey so he'd be cooler!!
    Wait you mean people bite and pee on other people who are sane?! No way that's possible.

Also I don't mind the laugh over my job, while I am passionate about it. I have learned that it isn't for everyone. All of my friends have thought "Hey can you teach me how to groom so I have a fall back and will never be jobless?" (Groomers are never unemployed unless they choose to be.) So I said "Sure read this book and bring me your dog and you can use my equipment." (Now mind you I groom all of their dogs so I know them and I know what they can be difficult on and I do those parts to keep the experience as positive as possible.) I kid you not half way through the process they hand me my clippers and tell me they would rather be homeless then do what I do for a living. With exceptions of my 10 year old niece who worked with me for 3 days worked on my Mom's crazy dog and yes knicked a pad and cried...which is something I do when knick one too still to this day. She still wants to groom when she grows up though. All of us want her to go to college instead though. We all thought making her work with me and doing it all on herself would be a huge turn off. I started learning how to groom when I was 12 years old...I went years saying that I would do better and become a vet...that didn't happen. Hopefully she becomes a vet instead.

Also I would look for a new vet if mine suggested shaving Missy. It's 105 degrees here today and it will be 111 degrees on Tuesday, but they still never suggest shaving a double coated dog.