Old Dawg (Senior Member) PyrDad's Avatar

Former Great Pyrenees Owner

PyrDad`s Photos

Default Sorry to say, but................

I have recently lost my Pyr, Cheval, after 8.5 years, my Pixie (pyr rott mix), I lost two years ago now. Pixie suffered a stoke and went very quickly. Cheval, I still have no answers on. in three weeks he went from normal happy pyr, to not being able to carry his hind end, and loosing "self control". It's severity was very hard on me, and the family, so much so, I dont think I'll be "pyring" again, for a long time. I've never been so attached to an animal like this before, they really get under your skin, dont they?
    Since I no longer have my site dedicated pooches, I no longer will be here. I kinda stopped hanging around when the bot like cyber ads started, and I get 10-20 notes a week still. I'm hoping dropping my profile will stop them. I'm sorry to say my goodbyes. Thanks for the years, time and support.
    David PyrDad Scott
    The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

David....I am so sorry to hear this about Cheval, I can just imagine the emptiness & hurt you & your family must feel now.
    We can guess all we want about the cause of his passing, but it never helps ease the pain...but you gave him all that you were able, and with love....
    Please stay on the forum, as the things you learned & experienced with Cheval may help someone with the same issue...and you never know when you see a certain "face" online or in a shelter & decide they need you & your care.

My heart grieves with you & your family

Nancy & Rudy

Jewel`s Photos

David, I am so very sorry to hear of Cheval's passing. I remember with much fondness the video of your daughter and Cheval doing agility... Cheval was lucky that you rescued him from a bad situation and you were lucky to have found him. His life wasn't long enough but he was loved.

Sadly, I lost Cheval's fellow agility pyr, Bijou, last May. Bijou was 6. Bijou passed from a very aggressive form of cancer. She went to an agility trial in late March 2015 and was gone the first week of May.

Quote Originally Posted by PyrDad View Post
    I dont think I'll be "pyring" again, for a long time. I've never been so attached to an animal like this before,
    I fully comprehend what you mean. The pain of loss from Bijou passing knocked me off my feet and then some. Never imagined such profound sense of loss could exist with a dog.

We are down to my pyr mix Bro, who, also sadly, came down with bone cancer 2 months after Bijou passed. But we count ourselves very lucky with Bro as he is still living a normal life 8 months after diagnosis. We treasure the time we have with him.

I hope some time in the future you will find your self again looking forward to being adopted by a pyr..

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

David I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know a little over a year ago I lost my Shar Pei and he was only 7 years old. In his case his cancer had spread to his lungs making it hard for him to swallow and breathe. I still haven't fully recovered from that loss and haven't had the guts to get a new playmate for Missy.