Old Dawg (Senior Member) Sasha is my pyr's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default Odd login behavior

Okay...not sure where to post this but hoping the mods can help me. When I go to the Site it shows me already logged on but with a different name. It has happened twice now and both times has been the same user name. I hope this is okay to post....the user name is skaelin. I'm puzzled by this. I'm hoping you guys can figure this out and resolve. Thanks, Andrew.

The Big Dawg (Administrator) risestar's Avatar

risestar`s Photos

Is this other username, one that is not known to you. There are a few people that lost their password and so registered another user name. I would suggest that you clean out your browser cache, there may be some cookies in there that are causing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha is my pyr View Post
    Okay...not sure where to post this but hoping the mods can help me. When I go to the Site it shows me already logged on but with a different name. It has happened twice now and both times has been the same user name. I hope this is okay to post....the user name is skaelin. I'm puzzled by this. I'm hoping you guys can figure this out and resolve. Thanks, Andrew.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Sasha is my pyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by risestar View Post
    Is this other username, one that is not known to you. There are a few people that lost their password and so registered another user name. I would suggest that you clean out your browser cache, there may be some cookies in there that are causing that.
    You are correct, I do not know this user at all. Most times I am on my tablet and the cookies and cache get deleted every time I close my browser. I have had this now 4 or 5 times and when I open the Site I am logged in as this other user. I have access to everything. Once I log out then close out the page for the Site and re-open all is good. I log in under my name.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

I just had this happen to me in my iPad. The welcome message at the top had my username, but the user CP on the left hand side of the screen said Callie's Mom, and had her avatar.

I signed out, cleared cookies, and signed back in!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian