Old Dawg (Senior Member) Skippy's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Default When the site goes down

When the site goes down would it be possible to send an email with information to the membership as to how long, if ever. I know that you are working hard to get it back up, but maybe one of the other admins could keep us up to date on the situation. We all have an email address that we registered with. You should be able to send a mass mailing. Provided it is not cost prohibited.

Just a thought.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Only Risestar would be able to do that I believe. He is the only one who can access the boards when they go down.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Skippy's Avatar

Tbear, don't know how this site works and who has the keys to what. The thank you for getting back up was to Risestar, and Red and Terry. So was thinking they all have access to most of the info. Terry and Red might not have enough authority to work on the board itself, but can do many things, including sending out emails to members.
    Is this forum Risestars? Don't know all the ins and outs.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Terry and Red were locked out just like we were though. Only Red can access it when the Sucuri Cloud is acting up. Red and Terry posted about that in a different thread.

Flock Guardian (Moderator) Chicag0_Red's Avatar

Chicag0_Red`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunibear View Post
    Terry and Red were locked out just like we were though. Only Red can access it when the Sucuri Cloud is acting up. Red and Terry posted about that in a different thread.
    Actually only RiseStar can get to the actual server or Sucuri Cloud back-ends. At that point Terry and I just put our ban-hammers down and wait like the rest of you.
    _Red

--Tutores Cavere --

The Big Dawg (Administrator) risestar's Avatar

risestar`s Photos

With all the spambots and hackers out there, it gets difficult to keep things running smoothly sometimes. We had to set up the firewall as the site was getting regular spam and DOS attacks, and sometimes the attacks also trigger auto blocks from the webhost when things get bad, which is the firewall blocked screen that had been up. Many times I am not immediately aware of the problem until a day or so later as theres no notifications of blocking, so if people can email me at risestar9999@gmail.com if the problem re-occurs, I can get it addressed a lot faster

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    When the site goes down would it be possible to send an email with information to the membership as to how long, if ever. I know that you are working hard to get it back up, but maybe one of the other admins could keep us up to date on the situation. We all have an email address that we registered with. You should be able to send a mass mailing. Provided it is not cost prohibited.

Just a thought.