Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Laffy11`s Photos

Hi Whitney!
    I had the same problem with my girl, Skyler; I definitely agree with the recommendations regarding blankets over the crate and using the crate in public/busy areas. I have also had success with keeping the crate my bedroom- with a clear view of or next to the bed. Not sure of the size of crate you are using but another idea which worked well for me was to use a divider to make the crate smaller when they were that little; when she was 8 weeks and brand new to our home I used XL crate with little success- and once i put the divider in and blocked off the crate by half she seemed to respond better. Good luck!

Puppy (New Member)

Rarader43`s Photos

300 acres and livestock, I would not have let you have a pup. Give the dog to a person with a farm.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rarader43 View Post
    300 acres and livestock, I would not have let you have a pup. Give the dog to a person with a farm.
    With all due respect, this thread is from nearly two years ago. I'm willing to guess that the OP has the problem solved by now.

For what it's worth, the majority of senior members of this forum keep our dogs as pets. Most of us have neither 300 acres, nor do we have Livestock. Our dogs are fine.

This thread was about solving a behavior problem, not the OP's fitness to raise a puppy. If your comments aren't conducive to helping solve the issue at hand, please keep them to yourself.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Rarader43 View Post
    Hahaha this is a joke right?! It has to be a joke, because no one can be this dumb and I am not really sorry if that hurt your feelings. First of all just because, Pyrs are supposed to be LGDs doesn't mean they all make the cut, which is fine because, not everyone has a farm and livestock. Even Pyrs who make the cut for working dogs (I have one that makes the cut and then some) are perfectly happy living in a house protecting their flock of people, cats and small dogs. Some of them would much rather enjoy the life of luxury then working the field. So who are you tell someone that they aren't good enough to own a Pyr? Are you a Pyr expert that no one has heard of? Do you have some sort of ability to talk to the dog without even seeing it? Yeah you probably don't so why don't take some advice from Thumper's Mom on Bambi and if you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Puppy (New Member)

Some individuals say right now in the 21st century that wearing Orange on St. Patrick's Day is akin to wearing a Ku Klux Klan hood and robe on Martin Luther King Jr's birthday.

Check out my web blog :: st patricks day shirt disney