Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Flock Guardian (Moderator) Chicag0_Red's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Chicag0_Red`s Photos

okay ... around here (geographically speaking .. not meaning this board) we refer to them as Eastern and Western lines. And you are right a Pyr there is a noticeable difference between between Eastern and Western Lines and it is evident even in the picture of the 2 Pyrs laying on the couch in my avatar. Hank the young red head is out of a working line with heavy Eastern line influence and his breeder has Pyrs all over the world as working Pyrs. Riley the all white male has a much more typical all white Pyr build and appearance and as far as we were able to find out came from a line with a heavy western / show influence.

I actually expect the Mountains had more to do with it than the politics of Spain and France given how old the breeds are. Some think the Pyrenean Mastiff is the result of a cross breeding (intentional or not) between the GP and the SM.
    _Red

--Tutores Cavere --

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
    Mips, by keeping Chico out of the mud you've done yourself a real disservice. I don't know if there is anything more hilarious than a big white dog rolling around in the mud. One of my favorites.
    Ah, turning a pyr into a chocolate lab... Truly Mips, do not rob yourself of such fun...

THERE IS A GOOD REASON WHY THESE TWO STINKERS HAVE TO BE BATHED SO OFTEN....

mips`s Photos

Lol, my car wont like it! If it happens I got no problems with it and will make pictures of it, of course but if I can prevent....

I need to be confess that we didn't go to the match cause we got Nando the day before. We didn't get home until 2 in the morning. Since Nando didn't have all his vaccinations yet he wasn't even going to be allowed to come.

Better luck next time.

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    Lol, my car wont like it!
    Ah, yes, the key is always first make sure there is somewhere to bathe or rinse the dog off before putting it back in the car...

I would definitely agree that bringing Nando home was a lot more important than attending a dog show!

mips`s Photos

Exactly. When Nando is 15 months he has to go to a show to make his Pedigree valid, those are the french laws, he now has a paper that says where he comes from and who his parents are, but to make it valid you have to do a show.