Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by nick's spirit View Post
    Tsunibear....so what is Missy's costume this year?!!! (are you co-ordinating your costume with hers?)
    This year I am not dressing up with her even though it would have been easy to do but, after all of the swearing that went into her costume. That now all I have left to do is put the cape on and make the fake leather sandal straps for it to be finished...I decided to pass on matching her. This year I stepped outside of my box of norm which is usually girly costumes. Not this time. She originally was going to be the fat lady. I had finally found a viking hat and bought the cones for her chest and then Petco decided to make a viking hat...it took away from her originality so I had to start from scratch. So now she is going to be a Roman. I have spent three hours hand studding her costume so it looks like armor and just got done sewing the elastic onto her hat which took an hour because, it's an elongated hat and top heavy so I stepped outside the box to make it where she could wear it comfortably and still have it supported so it won't fall off. The tips of my fingers are red and sensitive to touch cause they have been stabbed so many times now. Good thing she is worth it.

Jewel`s Photos

A Roman?! I gotta see this!

The only costume that would really suit Bijou would be making her look like a skunk, because she's such a stinker (not the olfactory kind ) sometimes... But I can just see her Dad hyperventilate if I dye her black all over...

Tsunibear`s Photos

The 25th after all of the contests I plan on taking her to the park for pictures. So have no fear there will be pictures.

Jewel`s Photos

Ok folks, TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!

DFW Annual Pyr Picnic and Costume Contest set for Saturday, October 25, 2014, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Randol Mill Park in Arlington. It will be at the PAVILION in the park.

See you there!

Jewel`s Photos

Well, for those of you that live in the area and could have come but didn't, all I can say is, you missed out!!

There was a Tooth Fairy...

A Hall of Fame show dog who thought himself quite a "Hot Dog"...

The cutest little Pirate EVER!

Then, holy cow, the Greek God Apollo showed up...

And... drum roll.... the winner (surprise!) is..........

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Looks like "Great" fun!!!
    and that is the cutest little pyrate ever!
    Although I hope the tooth fairy got honorable mention!!

Jewel`s Photos

And then, there was the epic meeting of the two Titans of Troublemakers ... Sebastian meets Bijou!!!!

Might I add, Sebastian & Bijou each, separately, at one point made at least one attempt at stealing the brisket...

SM, to my delight, brought the honorary black pyr Chester as well!

Sebastian & Chester were absolute perfect gentlemen. There were big dogs everywhere, including a couple that were barking and growling, and the two young men stayed by their mom, calmly & in perfect polite manner took everything in stride. I can't say enough about how I am ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSED BEYOND WORDS at how well mannered Chester is. One could never imagine that this dog was found only weeks ago half feral with NO manners, no training, not housebroken. He is light years better than Bijou at the same age. Simply incredible effort on SM's part turning this wild little guy into a model citizen in no time flat!

Let me tell you guys, Sebastian has true serious talent working that sad puppy look. He tried hard with me, using every trick in the his repertoire, and he's got quite an impressive repertoire of expressions. He got cake out of me. He got one of my friends to come over from several tables away just o share more cake with him. My friend is a seasoned pyr owner/breeder so he is very used to cuteness (that package of cuteness Pirate Pup belongs to him) and he just couldn't resist Sebastian's charm.

Bijou, alas, wore her grouchy look all day. She's a girl of action and wasn't too happy about not being able to walk around the park and not allowed to raid the picnic table full of food... jeez life is so unfair some days...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Christi's Avatar

Christi`s Photos

What awesome pictures! It sounds like a wonderful day filled with fun and fur!!!!

Tsunibear`s Photos

What awesome pictures! I am super sad Missy and I live too far away to be there cause that looked like fun. Also I loved Pirate dog and the Tooth Fairy was my runner up.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Great pictures! Especially love the look on Bijou's face during the epic meeting with the black Pyr. Congratulations, SM on such great work with your boys!!! I expect Sebastian's yawn is indicating that he is faint from lack of cake?!