Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Jewel`s Photos

Okay, updated info on the DFW Annual Pyr Picnic set for Saturday, October 25, 2014, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Randol Mill Park in Arlington. ALSO, there will be a COSTUME CONTEST for those pyrs that show up in costumes.

Bijou will be going as a spoiled rotten princess... what I mean is, she'll be going as herself...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    Okay, updated info on the DFW Annual Pyr Picnic set for Saturday, October 25, 2014, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Randol Mill Park in Arlington. ALSO, there will be a COSTUME CONTEST for those pyrs that show up in costumes.

Bijou will be going as a spoiled rotten princess... what I mean is, she'll be going as herself...
    Okay so now Missy and I are super jealous.

Jewel`s Photos

It's next weekend North Texas Pyr Owners! DFW Annual Pyr Picnic, Saturday, October 25, 2014, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Randol Mill Park in Arlington. Plus, a COSTUME CONTEST for those pyrs that show up in costumes.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Sebastian and I can't wait! Sebastian will be going as a Pyr in Saint's clothing, as he hates to accessorize.

The jury is out on whether or not Chester will be coming with us. It depends on how well his incision is healing, and how well he can handle being around potentially intact males. Chances are, he will be staying home. I will plan a special day for him once he is better.

Still, we will NOT be acquiring any more pups until I get a bigger car, a house with a yard, and a hefty pay raise. These two are very skilled at keeping me on my toes!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Tsunibear`s Photos

So are any of your dogs dressing up? Come on Missy can't be the only one who likes to play dress up. She has been driving me insane because, she sees this years costume and knows what it is but, hasn't quite realized that Mommy has been lazy and hasn't finished it yet. It won't take long to finish either but, I am so sore and tired from work. I have to finish it this weekend and then do a rough trial on her before we go to any contests.

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunibear View Post
    So are any of your dogs dressing up?
    Heck, NO! I have NO talent in that department.

One year someone dressed up their big male pyr as a horse. He came with a saddle and they even made him stand up ears. It was great. They used a pair of goggles and glued paper shaped liked ears to it and then glued some of his fur to the paper ears.

If Chester's neuter is on Monday, chances are he'll be perfectly normal by Saturday. The boys really get over that pretty quickly for the most part. I expect there will not be many intact males there, 2 or 3 at the most. I expect those to be the show dogs and so their parents are aware of testosterone issues.

Tsunibear`s Photos

Party poopers all of you. Even a white sheet with holes in it for a tail and eyes would work as a costume.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Lancelot's Avatar

Lancelot`s Photos

Wish I lived in Texas next weekend. Shotzy loves playing dressup. She's such a show off. And Lance, well he seems totally unaware that he's wearing doggles, glasses, hats, raincoat or a costume. He's such a whatever dog.
    [IMG]joans hom coming 130.JPG[/IMG]

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Tsuni is right, Jewel. As my Kangal babies will show, even a blanket goes a long way to making them look like ghosts with tails! I'm sure Bijou would love it. It's also very convenient because when you're done with the costume, they can take a nap on it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00680.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	6058

Name:	DSC00683.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	6059

Name:	DSC00681.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	6060

Name:	DSC00705.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	6061

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Holly gets horrified if the groomer puts a bow or flower in her ear!! So no costume for her....and Rudy....well he's just too much of a "guy" Put something on him & he just lays down until you take it off!
    Cute photos Sr. Antonia!!!
    Tsunibear....so what is Missy's costume this year?!!! (are you co-ordinating your costume with hers?)