Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

We had such a great time meeting Jewel, Mr. Jewel, Bro, and Bijou!

I am thrilled with how the boys behaved. I definitely could not have taken Sebastian last year!

Sebastian's favorite parts were meeting Bijou, and eating brisket, although we took home some of the cake, too, and he has been sniffing around the kitchen trying to find it.

Chester's favorite part was being told what a good boy he was being. I take no credit. This boy wants to make people happy!

Bijou's expression is priceless! It looks like she is wondering if someone forgot to tell Chester that he is definitely 0.0000000% Pyr. I'm pretty sure he knows.

After they had some rest, we went to the toy store to get some community toys for the dog park, since Sebastian likes to chew them up, and a Thundershirt for Chester. After I got him used to it, I put him in his crate and fed him some leftover brisket, and for the first time ever, he ate with the door closed! Then I put him in there with his dinner, and he ate that with the door closed, too! It has been a huge day for us!

And yes, I definitely think that Sebastian was yawning to try to con people out of food. With the way he acts sometimes, you would think that he NEVER gets ANYTHING!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

SM, I can sympathize... When Tyro and Pippy encounter Mother with a treat for them, they put on such an incredible performance that she is appalled and says to me, "don't you ever feed them?!" Great news about Chester and the TS. I had great success using it with my beyond anxious Kangal girl Zasha. It seemed like it really took the edge off her fears.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Lancelot's Avatar

Lancelot`s Photos

Loved the pictures. So nice when forum members and pups can meet. Bijou looked sooo pretty. SM, how proud you must be of your boys.
    [IMG]joans hom coming 130.JPG[/IMG]

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Great photos!!!
    So nice when you get to put a face to a name!!
    and, again, SM.....you are a very wonderful dedicated doggie Mom, teaching the boys how to be the best mannered (thus getting the best treats) kind of guys!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Thank you, everyone! I am so proud of these boys, for the most part...

All of the praise must have gone to Chester's head, because tonight, while I was having dinner with my Mom, Chester figured out how to escape from his crate by unhooking the front panel. When I got home, he was just as proud of himself as he could be. Fortunately, the only mischief he managed to get himself into was scratching at the front door until the entry way was littered with paint chips. The damage isn't too noticeable, but I will be ordering him a non-folding crate post haste.

Tonight, he will be sleeping in his crate while I take the couch. Two steps forward, one step back.

At least he was a golden child at the picnic! We had such a great time!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

SM, He's probably just looking out for Mom's well-being and making sure you don't become complacent with your well-behaved boys. I think he wants to make sure you are ready for any surprise that might come your way.