Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tsunibear`s Photos

Team M and I are hoping Bijou and Bro go out there and kick some major tail for a good reason.

Jewel`s Photos

Bath: done!
    Nails: done!
    Tidy feet trimming: done!
    Eve of trial coat combing: done!

We are ready for tomorrow!

Today is set up day at the arena. The vendors and raffle committee had lots of things to set up. The competitors were also allowed to come in a day ahead of competition to set up crates... for a fee of $5. I volunteered to collect the $5 for early crate set up. My tally came to $140 collected for the day! Every dollar counts!!

Here are a couple of pics of the raffle items being set up. The pics don't show EVERYTHING. So for those of you guys in the area, come and check out the good stuff you might be able to land this weekend!!!

Here is the information of the show. Please come join us for a good cause!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    September 13-14, 2014 is the 5th Annual Texas Agility Shootout to be held in Fort Worth, Texas. This is a charity agility trial with funds raised donated to canine cancer research. In the previous four runnings of this event, a combined $138,000 was raised. The judges in the event are donating their time and all workers are volunteers. For more information, please see: www.txagilityshootout.com

There is no fee to come watch the event though parking does cost $10 (charged by the owner of the facility). This is an all breed & mixed breed event and there will be many top level agility dogs as well as many "baby dogs" just starting agility. So you will have the chance to see the best that will wow you as well as be entertained by the antics of the young dogs just learning the ropes. There will also be MANY raffle items up for grabs. Everyone is eligible to buy raffle tickets, participants and spectators alike. Oh, this is in an air conditioned arena with stadium seating, in case you are wondering.

I am inviting all you pyr owners in the area to come to the event. There will be TWO PYRS COMPETING ON SATURDAY - my two, Bro & Bijou Please come cheer for them. They are running in 4 of the 5 different courses and so they'll be running throughout the day and hopefully you can catch one or both of them.

Bro has participated in the event since its inaugural 5 years ago. My first pyr died from hemangiosarcoma in 2008. In 2010 my god dog passed away from colon cancer. Last year Bro & Bijou competed in honor of our border collie friend, Tess, who passed away from cancer just a few months before last year's event. This therefore is a meaningful event for us.

Tsunibear`s Photos

I so wish I was closer so I could go.

Jewel`s Photos

Wish you guys could have been there. We had a good fun weekend all for a worthy cause. Bijou and Bro had a long day on Saturday, we got there at 7:30 a.m. and didn't get done until 4:30 p.m. That's a long day for a couple of pyrs to be sitting in the crate for most of that time, especially for Bro who is nearly 10. The two of them acquitted themselves reasonably well in the ring.

The goal for the event was to reach $150,000 for a combined 5 year tally (we got to $138,000 in the 4 previous years combined). And... WE DID IT!! The tally for the weekend was a total of $23,027.38 raised from entry fees, t-shirt sales, raffle tickets sold, donations, and yours truly collecting $140 for early crate set up

I will upload the videos of Bro & Bijou later. I also got some pics of the two taken by the professional photographer. I will put those up when I get them.

I did take some pics during the show but I tend to like to take pics of the dogs in action but one just can't do that with an iPhone and the speed these crazy agility dogs were going. But here are a few that you can actually tell it's a dog...

Here is one of my favorite guys, This Aussie boy is 10 yrs old and still has the spunk! He was my hero when I first started agility with Bro. He's the same age as Bro but as Bro started agility at 2 1/2 yrs old, this guy started much earlier and was already a star at that age. You can see how gorgeous he is and it was just so awesome to watch him practice in class ripping through the obstacles, such drive and athleticism. Oy, time flies, the boys are 10 now...

Here are a couple of dogs that actually tried to fly off with their ears like Dumbo... (sorry, that poodle is super fast thus the super blurriness...)

Jewel`s Photos

There were small dogs, medium dogs and big dogs...

I for one wouldn't want to have this 90 lb GSD missile of muscle and teeth come chasing after me ...

Here is the best color of dog for agility events ran in horse arenas with that red dirt...

And I found that there is a new type of crate that comes with its own tail...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Great photos Jewel...and congratulations on making the goal!!!!
    A very worthy cause, hope Bro & Bijou are rested up now...and you too!

Tsunibear`s Photos

That's so awesome Jewel! I think the photos turned out nice too. Glad you guys had fun and I wish I could have been there.

Jewel`s Photos

Vidoes of the only two pyrs entered in the event!

Here is Bro doing all tunnels... no jumping, "user friendly" for a nearly 10 yo guy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUz8KQUf7iY

Bijou being her usual self, i.e., doing whatever she wanted...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV-Ck0Qbdlo

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Jewel, I loved seeing the photos but the videos are great. While watching Bijou the sisters in the next room could hear me laughing and probably thought I've lost it. She is just so gorgeous and such the classic Pyr. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) MBHfromNH's Avatar

MBHfromNH`s Photos

Great Videos and Great Job on the Agility! Loved how Bijou and Bro performed. Honestly once my Pyr got to the top of that double ramp I'm sure she would want to stay up there because she loves laying on the top of a little hill we made at our place for her to survey her area. I think I saw Bijou thinking about staying up there and looking around and it did make me chuckle. Congratulations on reaching your fundraising goal! Important stuff.