Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Jewel`s Photos

Default Dallas/Ft Worth Pyr Owners - Canine Cancer Charity Event Sept. 13-14

September 13-14, 2014 is the 5th Annual Texas Agility Shootout to be held in Fort Worth, Texas. This is a charity agility trial with funds raised donated to canine cancer research. In the previous four runnings of this event, a combined $138,000 was raised. The judges in the event are donating their time and all workers are volunteers. For more information, please see: www.txagilityshootout.com

There is no fee to come watch the event though parking does cost $10 (charged by the owner of the facility). This is an all breed & mixed breed event and there will be many top level agility dogs as well as many "baby dogs" just starting agility. So you will have the chance to see the best that will wow you as well as be entertained by the antics of the young dogs just learning the ropes. There will also be MANY raffle items up for grabs. Everyone is eligible to buy raffle tickets, participants and spectators alike. Oh, this is in an air conditioned arena with stadium seating, in case you are wondering.

I am inviting all you pyr owners in the area to come to the event. There will be TWO PYRS COMPETING ON SATURDAY - my two, Bro & Bijou Please come cheer for them. They are running in 4 of the 5 different courses and so they'll be running throughout the day and hopefully you can catch one or both of them.

Bro has participated in the event since its inaugural 5 years ago. My first pyr died from hemangiosarcoma in 2008. In 2010 my god dog passed away from colon cancer. Last year Bro & Bijou competed in honor of our border collie friend, Tess, who passed away from cancer just a few months before last year's event. This therefore is a meaningful event for us.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Man I wish I was closer so I could see them do their agility run. Especially since it's for cancer and well that's something I always try to support.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

I have it marked on my calendar!
    Do you happen to know if non-competing dogs are allowed to attend? I'm guessing that Sebastian would love to come with me!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Flock Guardian (Moderator) Terry's Avatar

Sounds like a fun time Jewel. Make sure ya dont forget the camera eh

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

are you & the fur kids ready for next weekend?!!!

Tsunibear`s Photos

Please tell me you are taking pictures.

Jewel`s Photos

Yep, getting ready for it! They are getting a bath on Thursday (don't tell them that) because I need to have Friday to trim their feet so they would look fluffy AND tidy. They are getting their nails clipped between now & Thursday (don't tell them that either)

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    Yep, getting ready for it! They are getting a bath on Thursday (don't tell them that) because I need to have Friday to trim their feet so they would look fluffy AND tidy. They are getting their nails clipped between now & Thursday (don't tell them that either)
    Secret is safe with me. I have to do Missy's soon too. I might bring my dremel home this weekend and do both of their nails.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Antonia's Avatar

Antonia`s Photos

Jewel, Just wanted to say we'll be thinking of you, Bijou and Bro tomorrow and hope you have a great day! Wish we were a little closer so I could come watch. It's a great cause and meaningful to too many of us. Remembering my heart dog Zouri who passed from cancer in January of this year... Still miss him every single day.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Ditto Jewel, Bijou & Bro....strut your "stuff", show 'em what you can do & above all else have fun!!!
    Hope that much money is raised to help our companions as they fight this disease.