Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Benson View Post
    Thanks for the update Risestar.

Regarding this forum, I've noticed it's the only one that I frequent that doesn't fit my monitors any longer. I have to shift it left and right to read the posts. I don't know if anyone else is having this issue or if it's in my personal settings something I need to change. I know it's a little less convenient to read than it used to be in the old format.
    That's weird. What's your resolution set at?

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Davey Benson's Avatar

Davey Benson`s Photos

good question. I have my main monitor set at 1680 X 1050. If I go up to 1920 X 1080 Then I don't have to scroll left and right to see all this forum, but the left and right sides of my display are cropped off.

If I slide this window over here to this monitor, it's even worse, the resolution on it is 1366 X 768. (its the factory screen on this HP laptop)

And even on this other computer (another HP laptop) I can't see it all, and the screen resolution on it is the same 1366 X 768 even though it's a smaller screen.

I dono...
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

The Big Dawg (Administrator) risestar's Avatar

risestar`s Photos

The body of the forum and the site is 1200px wide and the background is relative to your monitor. So it should be viewable unless you have a really small monitor or an old laptop.

The one thing that could be happening is that you could have zoom enabled in your web browser that might be throwing things off. If you are using Firefox, go to view-->Zoom... If you have Internet Explorer, click on Tools--->Zoom...

Play around with the custom size until you find that magic number that works for you and all your other sites.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Davey Benson's Avatar

Davey Benson`s Photos

ahhh...... that's it!

I use IE 8, and IE 8's default is 125% zoom. (ctrl + 0 )

When I shift it to 100 percent then I can see all of the Great Pyrenees forum.

Since 125% is the setting I prefer for the rest of my online experience, I might just change that setting for when I view this site.

It's interesting that this is the only forum that I visit, where the 125 setting doesn't work for me. ( I must be getting old eyes to need that extra 25 % )
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

risestar`s Photos

Many websites use an automatic resizing scheme that resizes the look of the site according to your resolution. The downsize to that is that you have no control over the end look for different users. The site might look awesome at one resolution and terrible at another.

A lot of other sites have little logos and all the rest is just background, and that allows the site width to shrink and expand depending on the resolution. I'm personally not a big fan of that plain jane look.

You can usually add custom zoom buttons to your IE top menu for easy access. Other browsers like firefox also have plugins that can autoresize particular sites for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Benson View Post
    ahhh...... that's it!

I use IE 8, and IE 8's default is 125% zoom. (ctrl + 0 )

When I shift it to 100 percent then I can see all of the Great Pyrenees forum.

Since 125% is the setting I prefer for the rest of my online experience, I might just change that setting for when I view this site.

It's interesting that this is the only forum that I visit, where the 125 setting doesn't work for me. ( I must be getting old eyes to need that extra 25 % )

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Risestar, again, thank you so much for your hard work and everything you do to keep this community up and running. The new forum looks great!

The only thing that I have noticed is that when I'm on my phone or iPad, I can only use Quick Reply. That may be an iOS issue with Safari, and maybe I should start using the Tapatalk app instead.

I haven't tried replying on my computer, just because I'm usually on my phone or iPad.
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

risestar`s Photos

The new forum software actually uses an app called "Forumrunner" which is I believe is $1.99 and it allows a much improved mobile view of most all Vbulletin based web forums. When you install it, and visit the site, you should see a much improved mobile experience.

For ios devices (Iphone, Ipad)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foru...362527234?mt=8

For Andoid devices
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.forumrunner

Quote Originally Posted by SebastiansMom View Post
    Risestar, again, thank you so much for your hard work and everything you do to keep this community up and running. The new forum looks great!

The only thing that I have noticed is that when I'm on my phone or iPad, I can only use Quick Reply. That may be an iOS issue with Safari, and maybe I should start using the Tapatalk app instead.

I haven't tried replying on my computer, just because I'm usually on my phone or iPad.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Risestar, I love the new app! Thank you so much for the information! (I'm sorry if I should have seen it sooner and just missed it!)
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Puppy (New Member)

i use the chrome. its also great

Puppy (New Member)

Thanks for your work. aprreciate it