Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Big Dawg (Administrator) risestar's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

risestar`s Photos

Default Pending forum upgrade, please read.

The time has come where it is necessary to upgrade the forum software. This version is many years old and I have held off upgrading to this point as it is extensively modified and the new version is quite different, a lot like upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7.

However, it has reached the point where there are compatibility issues with the server software, so it is a bridge that needs to be crossed.

I expect that i will get to it next weekend, probably Saturday Nov 23. I expect it to be fairly ugly and it will more than likely take the better part of the weekend to get most things working correctly. There should not be any loss of forums posts, but expect some things to be not 100% up to snuff until everything is finished.

My largest concern is I do not know how well the photo galleries will convert over to the new version. Hopefully all will be ok however just to be sure, if you have any photos in your individual photo galleries that you don't have backed up to your computer, please save them just in case you need to re-upload them.

The biggest difference that you should expect is that the layout is quite different in a lot of ways. Better in most cases, however different none the less. So expect to trip over a few new things and bump into a few walls

The new version should be running by early Saturday morning and I will work on fixing most things up Saturday and Sunday.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Thanks for the updating & the notice...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Yes, thank you so much for the notice, and for everything you do to keep this community running smoothly.

I look forward to the new version!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Chi_gal's Avatar

Thanks for the notice as well as all the hard work!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Thanks for the notice and thanks for the hard work.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Davey Benson's Avatar

Davey Benson`s Photos

Oh Boy, new smileys! :
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

Davey Benson`s Photos

...still only allowed four images per post. I don't suppose there is any way to have that number increased to... oh, I don't know... 6? 8? 10? I don't know if that would cost more. I don't know that would slow down the forum much, as it doesn't have a whole lot of traffic. I guess I could keep using my FB account for my photo addictions.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

Tsunibear`s Photos

Holy cow we have a quick reply now! I was kinda shocked to see the white.

Davey as the for new smiley's I think in this setup if RiseStar ever wanted to he could add even more smileys to the selection.

Davey Benson`s Photos

The number of smileys is fine, I can still use mine from the fee smileys website if I want something different. I just wished we could post more than 4 images per post, (and smileys count as an image just like an oversized photo of someone's great pyr.)

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Benson View Post
    The number of smileys is fine, I can still use mine from the fee smileys website if I want something different. I just wished we could post more than 4 images per post, (and smileys count as an image just like an oversized photo of someone's great pyr.)
    Good point. I get why they do 4 because, I think it has to do with bandwidth usages and limiting us to four means the boards load faster. I don't get why smileys count as a picture.