Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

BC19`s Photos

If you are still really nervous come the 9th maybe try and find some calming tea? Fill up a portable cup with some chamomile or lavender tea and take it with you! Thats all the advice I got lol. I will be crossing my fingers for you. Next year I want to try to get Saoirse into some CGC classes, and I get nervous just at the thought and she is my less energetic one :P.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) MiyasMomma's Avatar

MiyasMomma`s Photos

Tsuni, Facebook chat me before you go. I will give you a pep talk for the ages! you guys will be great. Relax and trust in yourself and Missy. She is so intune with you, she will know it's important and come thru with flying colors! I just know it!
    Miya's Momma

Because a home isn't a home without a dog.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Thanks guys. I am going to try to stay calm and relaxed.

Jewel`s Photos

Tsuni, it will work out just fine, don't be nervous - I know, much easier said than done . The test will be at a place where both of you are familiar with and the exercises ones that Missy has already mastered. So have the confidence that you have every advantage to set you two up for success. I would recommend eating a good meal before you go as it can help with calming nerves - at least it does for me I am pretty much professional level at being humiliated by Bijou in front of crowds (she did it again yesterday) Just go out there and give it your all, pass or not, it really doesn't matter in the big picture. You've put in the work, just concentrate on each exercise and ask her to perform as you mean it, and nail each one.

I've signed Bijou and I up for her first obedience trial Thanksgiving weekend. I am not confident she's really trained enough for it but I've got to get in the ring with her and get ring experience. I am fully prepared to be humiliated that weekend Particularly as the judge on Sunday is my good friend's mentor and she's well known to be extremely critical. But gotta start somewhere!

Tsunibear`s Photos

Your right Jewel. It is a place we know and are familiar with and I know she sits and downs as far as stays goes she is amazing at. I just need to be calm and hopefully I can.

MiyasMomma`s Photos

Great points Jewel! Really Tsuni, Bijou pretty much has the corner on performances that don't exactly hit the mark every time! Jewel has you on that! I don't see Missy just taking off and running around the arena!!!
    Miya's Momma

Tsunibear`s Photos

Well my big ole troublemaker is now CGC certified!!! We passed with flying colors. I was nervous and when her trainer finished up her class and saw us I walked up to her and said "It's okay if you forgot about us we can reschedule." She looked at me and said "I didn't forget I brought Nike for the distraction dog. You wanted me to forget though didn't you?" I replied "Yes. I wasn't aware there was going to be an adoption event going on and so many people here." She smiled at me and said "I knew there was going to be and I planned it that way. Now go sit down fill out the paper work and calm down because, Missy knows you are nervous."

I was filling out my paperwork and smelling Missy and talking to her and she laid her head on me knee and gave me this look that said "We got this Mom simmer down." I then started to relax. Part of the reason I was so nervous was partially due to having one of my customers in the store and I don't like to fail as it is but, to have one of them see me fail made me even more nervous. Once Missy gave me that look I calmed down and passed with flying colors. The trainer for our loud noise blew an air horn and then dropped a metal chair and Missy just looked back at her like she was nuts then looked at me to say "I told you we had this." She did everything I asked and then some. I am so proud of her right now.

Sherlock's Watson`s Photos

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am sure you are so proud of your accomplishment. I was thinking about you earlier today when we were getting ready for our advanced class. I just posted in the wrong thread :-(

I hope this reminds you to have faith... faith in yourself and in Missy because with all the distractions and obstacles you succeeded with flying colors. It has also given me more confidence that eventually Sherlock will be able to, bc after this first advanced class I wasn't so sure (my instructor is EVIL - in a good way)

Tsunibear`s Photos

Thanks! Yeah I definitely have more confidence in her and myself now. She seriously calms me down and shows me that she is a smart, independent, loving girl who can do just about anything especially if I ask her to do it. I won't doubt her anymore.

She has come along ways and I have to say if we can do it anyone can especially if you work hard.

MiyasMomma`s Photos

I am soooo happy for you two! What a special accomplishment to share as a team.

I think in her honor you shouldn't use this thread anymore!!!! LOL.

Yeh!! Missy!!!!!
    Miya's Momma