Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Chi_gal's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

I've thankfully only had one incident of counter surfing with Rajah and since then he's learned that stealing food from Mommy makes her really mad. Don't worry, Tsuni...your dogs are so good in other ways it all has to balance out somehow doesn't it?

Old Dawg (Senior Member) MiyasMomma's Avatar

MiyasMomma`s Photos

Tsuni, it's just another story you can laugh about. They all have their little ways of getting in trouble!
    Miya's Momma

Because a home isn't a home without a dog.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

My Mom is the small dog queen. She has three Cairn Terriers or Terrors as I call them and a Chihuahua. She also takes care of my sister's Jack Russells which are old and cranky. She has no control over her dogs I can get her male Cairn to sit and such but, other then that the others are hopeless and aggressive. So I know Missy is taking my Mom's lack of control for granted because, she isn't stupid.

As for the training thing I thought about that once but, my Mom is the kind of person who believes that someone else should train the dog and write down what it does so she can just ask it to do something. Which works with my two if I am home but, I am not home they will only do the basics like sit, down and come...everything else goes out the window. I really don't blame them seeing how she raised me to do as she said but, my two younger siblings weren't raised that way...it makes it hard to take her seriously sometimes. I love her but, she doesn't stick to her guns.

Tsunibear`s Photos

Well we completed our training class and of course my dog is so in tune with my emotions that when we started the class off I was frustrated and upset with the boyfriend that she knew it and therefore didn't want to listen to me because, I was ruining her time. The trainer told me to sit down with her and talk to her and the trainer was around the corner watching us as I sat in the middle of the aisle in Petco and rubbed Missy's ears and just talked to her and kissed the top of her head. I vented and I apologized to her and I had tears in my eyes and she tilted her head back looked at me and gave me an eskimo kiss. We stayed that way for a minute or two and I buried my head in neck and she nudged me. I got up and asked her to come with me and we did another sit and down and she did it with no problems what so ever. The trainer walked over to me and said "I was watching you guys and the minute you said "I'm sorry for being a bitch. I shouldn't take my frustration out on you." She looked at you and with these eyes that said "You aren't a bitch you just need some help." And then she gave it to you with that eskimo kiss. I haven't seen a dog and person interact like you two do."

Well after that we were smooth sailing expect for the leave it as we walked figure 8's around cones covered in treats with treats to both sides of us...she stole a treat and I have been trying to break myself from the correction noise I make but, the trainer said if it works keep it cause one I made the noise she knocked it off. We did a stay game where I picked up balls and she had to stay in the down stay...she was surrounded by treats and she kept looking at them and then at me. The trainer and the Standard Poodle's owner just sat there and laughed. Once I picked up all of the balls I walked back to Missy praised her and then released her so she couldn't go have an all you can eat buffet line before coming to me. All in all I think the class helped me and her a lot. Next week I am going to call and setup our CGC test...hopefully we kick butt and take name but, if not that's cool I can always redo it.

MiyasMomma`s Photos

Oh, that is so sweet. I get so much comfort also in those little talks and snuggles. She will come thru for you I'm just sure of it! She loves her Momma so much. You're a good team.
    Miya's Momma

Tsunibear`s Photos

I have faith in her. If all goes well I am thinking about trying some Rally Obedience Classes. She isn't stupid and when she is bored she is destructive so maybe it will keep both her and I occupied.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Prospective Great Pyrenees Owner

Aww Missy! She's so great. I'm glad you had a good heart-to-heart in the aisle. I apologize to my dogs for being a bitch all the time. Tara's cool no matter what, but Oliver definitely needs to hear me say sorry.

Tsunibear`s Photos

Life with Missy is always an adventure. So I have been a bad Mommy and didn't set my CGC test up because, I am chicken and afraid of failure...I am not proud of it but, I am. I tend to not do things if I think I am going to fail them...she isn't the problem I am. I get in my head and screw things up. Well I was going to set the test up for next week she would be clean and awesome and I still might if I don't chicken out. I had to plan it all around her being clean the month of October is always a challenge on when to bathe her because, of the costume contests and all of that fun stuff.

Today we finished her costume and I took her out and put on just her footwear and head gear. Missy is a easy going dog who walks with her head down smelling everything...that means the head gear falls off sometimes. She has no problem wearing it or walking in it. It is just too heavy for her to walk with nose to the ground. So I am at park with her and a bus driver is watching us and finally comes out to talk to me about Missy....my old Golden. She has an 11 year old Golden whose face isn't as white as Missy and isn't as big as Missy. So she had to ask what my old Golden was mixed with. So I told her she isn't a Golden at all and told her what she was...so she then asked how old she was. I told her she was 4 years old and I swear to you her jaw dropped in shock. I don't think Missy looks old but, what the hell do I know...I also don't think she looks like a Golden. The bus driver complimented our costume and we had people watching us across the street. She asked me if Missy had a boo boo on her foot because, she had boots on. I told her no it was part of the costume and she thought it looked good...she didn't have the actual costume on at all so I looked confused. Which is when she asked my why I looked that way and I said "She isn't in her costume." She looked at me shocked again. I told her she won't wear the finished dress until the 19th and right now is only wearing the hat and boots for practice. She told me she thought she wore them well. I told her not if she keeps hanging her head down and she laughed and said "Dogs are dogs." She is right there....I know Missy wears it all with no problems but, she just has to keep head up. We will be putting leave it to the test for this costume.

MiyasMomma`s Photos

Tsuni, don't give 2cents to what people who have no idea about dogs think. YOU know Missy and WE know Missy. She's an awesome dog. What do they know!

2nd, you just need support, and we're all here for you and Missy. Set that time up for the test and do it! If you and Missy don't get it, NO ONE will be disappointed here! Just being able to try the test is a major achievement! Most of us won't even try!!! We KNOW you two are capable of anything! You're a great team and you CAN do this!

Go Team Missy!!!!
    Miya's Momma

Tsunibear`s Photos

So today when I was at Petco I setup Missy and I's CGC test up for November 9th. I have two weeks to practice, practice, practice and I am nervous and I know I shouldn't be. Today she was the best behaved dog in the store and I couldn't have been prouder of her yet here I am nervous about a test that she will be taking in a store that she is comfortable in. I know I can't be nervous about this because, if I am she won't listen to me and then we will fail. I know that if we fail we can always re-take the test again but, still I can't help it. This is something that I don't really have any control over and it makes me nervous. I know she lets strangers touch her feet and brush her and I know she can sit, lay and stay. Just like I know she is calm for greeting strangers and will just sit, stand or lay there while I talk to them but, I am still nervous.

Hopefully my nerves will go away before the 9th. She is a well behaved dog and I know it. I know I have worked hard to get her to where she is right now and I know she is more then capable of passing. I just need to relax because, I know I will be the issue not her.