Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Jewel`s Photos

Tsuni, hope you are feeling better now! Sending healthy thoughts your way!!!

Thought this thread is fitting because we've just had a heck of a "Can she be a bigger pain" weekend - the Bijou version We were at an agility trial in Houston Sat & Sun. It has been a VERY humbling endeavor training this monster... every time I think we've "made it", she reminds me who's REALLY in charge... She was PURE EVIL... or as my DH corrected me: PYR EVIL

click on the pic to see Pyr Evil in motion - this was pretty much how the entire weekend went...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

Today is the first day I have been fever free. So today I leashed Missy up and took her into the backyard and had her lay down. The first time she wouldn't do it so I counted to three and gave her the look and sure enough she went down. She did it right on command at least six times after that. Hopefully she does it tomorrow in class but, I have a feeling she won't.

Bijou looked like she was having fun running around at least. They really do, do whatever makes them happy.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Prospective Great Pyrenees Owner

Unlike my lab, I don't think that Oliver or pyrs or any of the really smart, working breeds disobey because they're being stubborn or whatnot. It's like Jewel said on my NILIF thread, they just don't understand why they have to do it, so they don't. Running around and doing whatever makes them happy, so they do it!

Bijou may be a little devil, but she's a cute, happy devil! I watched that video three times because it made me laugh so hard.

Totally unrelated, but Tara's drain and stitches come out tomorrow! The drain was supposed to come out last Thursday, but she was still bleeding a bit, and the surgeon only does appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Young Dawg (Member) LovedMyAlydar's Avatar

Animal Planet should be taken with a grain of salt. My mother in law loves that channel and thinks everything they say is gospel.

That show about the Turtle Man is a good example. They showed him catching two snakes in a local pool in the off season. Well the two snakes they showed him catching in the pool are not even native to Kentucky so why would they be in the pool? The city had to clear up the misinformation because some folks thought that there was a snake problem when there wasn't. So how did they get there? Well Animal Planet has no comment but it's a good guess that they were put there in a staged scene.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/06/25/2...how-faked.html

Old Dawg (Senior Member) MiyasMomma's Avatar

MiyasMomma`s Photos

Jewel, I watched the video twice then had to show it to the hubs before he went to work. OMG! I laughed so hard. I know it wasn't funny at the time, but she looked soooo happy!!!

You know most of the time when Miya pulls something like that, at first I'm aggravated but then she looks so happy I have to laugh at her. Something tells me you have lots of laughs with Bijou!!!

Thanks for sharing, you made my morning!
    Miya's Momma

Because a home isn't a home without a dog.

Jewel`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by MiyasMomma View Post
    Something tells me you have lots of laughs with Bijou!!!
    Ah, yes, lots of people have laughed AT us, she's quite the entertainer... It's too bad the DH didn't capture the start of that run, the first obstacle was a tunnel. The video only started after she came out of the tunnel; or I should say, after she SHOT out of the tunnel at top speed to do her lone victory lap. It's quite a sight to see that giant white fluff bursting out of the tunnel...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) SebastiansMom's Avatar

Jewel, that video is pretty similar to how I imagine Sebastian would be in the obedience ring. I can imagine him getting lots of laughs and applause, but for all of the wrong reasons.
    If there's one thing the high-energy ones know how to do pretty consistently, it's have a great time!
    Sebastian is on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/SirSaintSebastian

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Chi_gal's Avatar

Ah, Jewel. Rajah would have jumped the gate at least...the gate out of the ring that is.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

I bet seeing her speed out of the tunnel for her victory lap with that smile on her face was awesome.

So there is someone looking over me today cause, the boyfriend is sick now and I am still sick myself but, I was going to drug myself up for training anyways. Thankfully I don't have to this weeks class was cancelled and so we will be in class a week longer instead. Works for me gives me more time to work with Missy. Who I left with the sick boyfriend and he said "Next time please take her all she did was cry after you left and I couldn't sleep through it. She didn't want to be with me she wanted to be with you....she is not my bed side nurse she is yours."

Old Dawg (Senior Member) MiyasMomma's Avatar

MiyasMomma`s Photos

Aw, she loves her Momma! Sorry the bug is making its rounds! At least you do get another week! Good luck!
    Miya's Momma

Because a home isn't a home without a dog.