Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tsunibear`s Photos

Okay now I wish I was there because, I want those two head bands. I would take the models too but, I will settle for the head bands alone. Monty and Missy need new head bands.

Jewel`s Photos

The picnic went well, the weather was just tolerable for these pyrs, 70's and windy. We saw old friends and met new ones. The neatest new friends were a couple with a blind pyr. They had just learned of the picnic that morning from FB and decided to join! They believe the dog was born without eyes due to a birth defect. She was rescued from someone who had kept her and another pyr tied up all their lives. This dog is incredible. Presumably she didn't have much socialization as a young pup and and on top of that being blind, one would expect her to be skittish and defensive. BUT NO! She was there sniffing and greeting without any anxiety with the best of them. If one were to watch her body language, one would never guess that she's blind. Incredible.

Here is a group shot, a few didn't make it into the photo.

So, there was a pyr with very heavily marked face, and I managed to (it wasn't easy taking pics with one hand...) get a pic of her face with Bijou to show the contrast of coloring between two purebred pyrs, thought it's neat

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

What an amazing group of good looking dogs.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Thanks for the photos Jewel...great onehanded shot of Bjou & the beautifully marked Pyr!! Almost looks like an Anatolian coloring, but definitley a Pyr build.
    Great story of the blind Pyr...what a special couple to take her into their home & hearts....is she in the photo?