Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Thanks for sharing those photos, it really looks like a wonderful event. Were any of the portraits on your page the one that went for $4800!?!
    And I took a peek at your site....what beautiful dogs! And Halley looks like she had quite the personality, glad you have stayed with Pyr's

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Espinay's Avatar

Espinay`s Photos

Glad you enjoyed it. The portrait in the second row (the one on the left of the picture) is the one by Arlene Oraby that went for $4800 at the Auction. Arlene does some beautiful work. Not just of Pyrs, though her Pyr works are highly prized!

Speaking of the part French dogs mentioned earlier too, the picture on the far right in the first row is th '1/2 French' bitch referred to. That is 'Zuri' Wyndamhills Azure Bleu having a special moment with her owner and breeder Joan Ziehl. In the second photo in that row, you can see her sire too. He is the dog furthest from the camera in the left of the photo in the line up - Can/Am Ch Solan the Warrior King. Incidentally Solan also goes back to some European dogs including the famous Bonbelle du Comte de Foix owned by the Oraby's

The second dog in the second row is 'Porter' GCh Chevalier du Wyndamhill who is a half brother to Zuri out of the same bitch (who is Tendresse Bleu da Mas de la Valliere) by Ch Beaumont du Wyndamhill. The dog on the far right of the second row is 'Tango' Shadee Hill the Last Tango who is by Zuri's litter brother (shown here with breeder/owner Kathy Liles and breeder of his grandsire Solan, Sandy Dyment from Canada.

Glad you like the photos of my dogs too. Yes, Halley was a special girl, as all first Pyrs tend to be. Not that any of the others have been/are any less special of course
    Espinay Pyrenean Mountain Dogs (Australia) - putting the Breed before breeding

www.espinay.com

Jewel`s Photos

Espinay, I first saw Zuri at the 2010 Nationals where she took Best Bred-By. That was my first Nationals and I was there by myself, so I was walking around alone and just gawking (probably with my mouth open too). I saw Zuri and recognized her distinct French look. So I got up my courage and asked if Zuri had French blood. Joanie was super nice and was full of pride explaining to me to that Zuri's half French. Incidentally, Zuri beat out my breeder's male to take Best Bred-By that year. Also, I had seen Solan at the 2010 Westminster just a few months before the Nationals. I noted Solan was the tallest dog in the line-up at that Westminster. I didn't realize until this year's Nationals that Zuri's father is Solan.

I am hoping to go to the French Natioanls one day!

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Lancelot's Avatar

Lancelot`s Photos

My sister was asked at the dog park by a women who had attended the nationals if Lacey (Lance's sister) was a french dog. We didn't know at the time what she was talking about. Now that I've seen that French web site, Lacey does indeed look like a French dog. Lance and Lacey's grandfather was Pyrless Prime Time and I don't see any French as far back as I can trase, though we always marveled at how different the two dogs looked. Thanks for sharing. I learn something new every day from this forum.

Espinay`s Photos

Joanie is lovely and I bet she was tickled by the question - that you recognised the type in Zuri (who is one special and beautiful bitch and she and Joanie are VERY attached to one another LOL! I would take Zuri home in a heartbeat). Go to the French National next year - I know quite a few of us are planning another trip then

www.espinay.com

Espinay`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
    My sister was asked at the dog park by a women who had attended the nationals if Lacey (Lance's sister) was a french dog. We didn't know at the time what she was talking about. Now that I've seen that French web site, Lacey does indeed look like a French dog. Lance and Lacey's grandfather was Pyrless Prime Time and I don't see any French as far back as I can trase, though we always marveled at how different the two dogs looked. Thanks for sharing. I learn something new every day from this forum.
    They are from Valerie Seeley? She had some young dogs in the 12-18 Month class at the National by Tonio (Ch Antonio Pyristamo) who was bred in Poland out of one of her bitches by a dog from Spain. Are they related to them? Will try to attach a pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29&31.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	956  

www.espinay.com

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Lancelot's Avatar

Lancelot`s Photos

No, as far as I know they are not related.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) ragingbull83's Avatar

ragingbull83`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    Here is one of the pictures I did take. These are a few of the items in the silent auction that one will find at the National Specialty. There are always a bunch of pyr related stuff to buy

And this is for Tsunibear, there was even a token shar-pei at the Nationals!
    I was wanting to know where you found the Sticker my Keys are in The Seat next to my Great Pyrneyeese lol mines always with me in my Diesel believe that will be a fitting bumper sticker for my truck lol
    Kenny G,