Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) TexasKat's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

TexasKat`s Photos

Satin balls are like meatballs specifically designed to help underweight dogs gain weight.

_Red has posted a great recipe here somewhere, but I can't find it ATM.

Maybe he can come and repost it here for us again.

On edit: Here's one recipe:

http://www.dogforum.net/dog-frequent...fat-balls.html

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Davey Benson's Avatar

Davey Benson`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluxe View Post
    ...So nowócan anyone give me tips on how to teach an adult pyr to walk on the leash? Chevy's a pro, but Baker has never done it before and just sits down and won't budge when we put the leash on him. Help!
    I wonder if putting them on a coupler would be effective.... that would allow one pyr to show the other "how it's done".

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

I know you're not feeding Baker onions....but this may be part of the reason he has stomach issues...onions are not that great for dogs, they are toxic for them.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Davey Benson's Avatar

Davey Benson`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by TexasKat View Post
    Satin balls are like meatballs specifically designed to help underweight dogs gain weight.

_Red has posted a great recipe here somewhere, but I can't find it ATM.

Maybe he can come and repost it here for us again.

On edit: Here's one recipe:

http://www.dogforum.net/dog-frequent...fat-balls.html
    I fed them a lot to my german shepherd who was terribly under weight. That listed recipe is the one I used, only I didn't include the garlic, and my eggs were raw.... (thats the first time I've seen that recipe calling for hard boild eggs, and giving a good reason why)

I picked up my hamburger on the discount rack at a local grocery store, where it was about to expire. I mixed it all up in two large bowls (1/2 recipe in each) then I made balls about the size of golf balls, and put as many as I could in zip lock sandwich bags, and then threw the bags in a freezer... I could take a bag out put it in the fridge to thaw and use it in three or four days.... it takes a while to prepare, but then you have ready made treats that will last quite a while.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

Flock Guardian (Moderator) Chicag0_Red's Avatar

Chicag0_Red`s Photos

That recipe is pretty much the same except I use "black-strap" molasses. And since I am normally trying to get weight on quickly for the first 5-10 pounds I go for the fattiest hamburger I can find. Not recommended for long term supplement. Then I go for the leaner meat. Cut the recipe in half and make some for the new guy to get him out of starvation mode which will help with the wolfing the food.
    _Red

--Tutores Cavere --