Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 million dogs

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tank`s Photos

Default 2 million dogs

This might be old news to all of you, but I just found out about this organization. They are having a Puppy Up walk close to my home in November and we are hoping to attend!!! Just thought it was a cool story and great cause!!! Check it out

http://2milliondogs.org/

The story of 2 Million Dogs began with a man and his two dogs who embarked on a walk from Austin, TX to Boston, MA inspired by the loss of his Great Pyrenees to cancer. Some of you have heard the story of Hudson, Murphy, and Luke Robinson.

They walked from town to town sharing Malcolm’s story and educating people about cancer in dogs and as they built a nationwide grassroots movement, Mr. Robinson had a vision: 2,000,000 dogs walking simultaneously all across the United States for cancer. If 2 dogs could walk over 2,000 miles surely it was possible!

And that’s how the 2 Million Dogs Foundation was born and the legacy that started out with just a man who lost his beloved dog continues...

November 6th, 2011 The 2 Million Dog March Continues! This year there will be 30 Puppy Up! Walks across the country.

Jewel`s Photos

For those of you who are new to the story of Luke, Hudson and Murphy's epic journey, in the most cruel twist of fate, Luke lost his Murphy also to cancer this summer...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Winter and Newton's Avatar

Winter and Newton`s Photos

To those of you in Southern California, there is a walk on Nov 13th at San Buenaventura Beach. Check the website. I hope to have Winter and Newton there.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Tsunibear`s Photos

I didn't know he lost Murphy.

If I have another car working I might have to make a trip to Southern California with Missy so we can walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunibear View Post
    I didn't know he lost Murphy.

If I have another car working I might have to make a trip to Southern California with Missy so we can walk.
    Let me know if you decide to come down and we can hook up. In fact, I live less than a mile from the event so anybody that would like to participate, we can meet first at our home and go representing Greatpyr.
    com perhaps.

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Winter and Newton View Post
    Let me know if you decide to come down and we can hook up. In fact, I live less than a mile from the event so anybody that would like to participate, we can meet first at our home and go representing Greatpyr.
    com perhaps.
    If I can get a car up and going I will definitely let you know.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Tank`s Photos

I didn't know that he had lost another dog to cancer. That is so sad!!! The walk in my town is next weekend. I'm hoping the weather is not bad so we can go I hope Daisy can make the 2 mile walk, but she seems to be doing great after the surgery.

Walked this today in Ventura with my boys. It was small, only about thirty dogs but it was a gorgeous day at the beach and we had a blast!

Tsunibear`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Winter and Newton View Post
    Walked this today in Ventura with my boys. It was small, only about thirty dogs but it was a gorgeous day at the beach and we had a blast!
    I bet it was still amazing. I wish I had a car that would have gotten me there.

Did you take pictures?

Old Dawg (Senior Member) ImWithThePyr's Avatar

ImWithThePyr`s Photos

Gah!! I am so sad that we missed this!!

We had a chance to meet Luke a few years back... wonderful man with gorgeous Pyrs!!
    So long may the breed prosper and spread... for to once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always.