Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

Tsunibear`s Photos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160311_095903.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	8835

I am just saying not all double coated dogs grow back. That little man was shaved once and he never grew back in. When they rescued him he was matted and the groomer who shaved him shaved him super short which did him no favors. He is now 13 years old and still doesn't have his coat back. While not all dogs are this unfortunate some of them are. I hope your baby's hair grows back soon.

If he has grown back before and isn't now thyroids tend to be why. In order to get a proper thyroid check you have to ask for a special test.

Jaspersmom`s Photos

Default Jasper

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunibear View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160311_095903.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	8835

I am just saying not all double coated dogs grow back. That little man was shaved once and he never grew back in. When they rescued him he was matted and the groomer who shaved him shaved him super short which did him no favors. He is now 13 years old and still doesn't have his coat back. While not all dogs are this unfortunate some of them are. I hope your baby's hair grows back soon.

If he has grown back before and isn't now thyroids tend to be why. In order to get a proper thyroid check you have to ask for a special test.
    Thank you. I will have to get him checked out.

Puppy (New Member)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
    Brenda, I just adopted two pyrs that had to be shaved by the shelter due to mats and a tick infestation.

Duke at the shelter when shaved:

Daisy at the shelter:

Duke six weeks later at my house:

Daisy six week later at my house:

I was suprised when we went to pick them up how much their coats had grown. We adopted them having only seen the shelter pictures I posted.
    I see them growing well. Keep up the good work.