Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Dawg (Senior Member) Karynk9999's Avatar
      Karynk9999`s Photos

Default Best Vacuum Cleaner for our Pyr's

So my friends...What do you all use to vacuum all the wonderful white fur around your houses?
    My old Dyson just crapped out on us last night so we are looking for a good one to replace it. Any thoughts??
    Thanks
    Karyn

Old Dawg (Senior Member) TexasKat's Avatar
      TexasKat`s Photos

I have 2 Dysons... the upright kind and the hard-surface floor kind and a regular old mop and broom.

Old Dawg (Senior Member) nick's spirit's Avatar

Wow you wore out a Dyson!!!
    I guess they all have a life span.
    I have a Miele, expensive, I went for the top of the line, but it has lasted over 10 years, 3 Pyr's and 4 Australian Shepherds...not to mention hubby's tracked in dirt and my hair too.
    In our house in Arizona, we have a built in vacuum system, and for that we upgraded and went with a more powerful and more heavy duty system.
    How long did you have your Dyson?? Are you thinking of getting another?? I am very interested to hear everyone's comments on this one!!

Flock Guardian (Moderator) Terry's Avatar

once a week at our place

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Karynk9999's Avatar
      Karynk9999`s Photos

Nick - I had the Dyson for about 10 years so it did last pretty long. Prior to my two Pyr's, I had a pretty hairy shep mix so I guess when my two Pyr's came along it went...HELL NO! LOL!
    Terry - I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw your post! SO TRUE!

Old Dawg (Senior Member)
      Tank`s Photos

I have a great pyr and 2 golden retreivers, so lots of hair! I have the dyson pet hair and it works great. It also sucks up lots of torn toys and stuffing

Old Dawg (Senior Member)
      Sam and Lucy's Mom`s Photos

I've had a Kirby for about 15 years..I remember my grandmother had one for like 30 years. Anyway it picks anything up. They are pricey..but I have friends who have replaced their vacuums several times over while I've only had to buy a new brush once.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

We had Hoover's uprights that used the A-Series bags for about 20 years each...the last one is still working, I just use it in my shop office. We bought a Hoover upright bagless Wind Tunnel unit a few years ago and it works quite well. The only downside is that I have to clean the spinning brush of wrapped around hair between large carpeted rooms. Then after each complete house vacuuming, I have to remove the brush head and clean out the hair from the bearing housings.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

bot a dyson 6 mths now, very pleased.

since getting the pyrs we've busted 2 vacuum cleaners in 2 yrs (one for each pyr, sounds fair)

for pyr-mobiles, a soft nylon brush i got from a DIY shop is great coupled with the vacuum cleaner (and lint sticky tape rollers - i bought 2 dozens!)

Old Dawg (Senior Member) ad_mn81's Avatar
      ad_mn81`s Photos

Quote Originally Posted by nick's spirit View Post
    Wow you wore out a Dyson!!!
    I guess they all have a life span.
    I have a Miele, expensive, I went for the top of the line, but it has lasted over 10 years, 3 Pyr's and 4 Australian Shepherds...not to mention hubby's tracked in dirt and my hair too.
    In our house in Arizona, we have a built in vacuum system, and for that we upgraded and went with a more powerful and more heavy duty system.
    How long did you have your Dyson?? Are you thinking of getting another?? I am very interested to hear everyone's comments on this one!!
    I totally wanted a Miele but like u said it was a lot of $. We got a Riccar which has dual motors which really work well for getting the hair and dirt loose making it eaiser to suck up the mess. It was still spendy but the sales rep said it was better than a Dyson due to a lifetime warranty on belt and it not having any plastic pieces besides the cover. Its been a year plus that we've had it and no complaints.
    "No my dog isn't a St. Bernard!"