Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Hmmm thinking about the family room. I don't think there is anything that smells like him mainly because everything was moved out of there from the flood and not really anything in there anymore (we don't use that room right now)...just our granddaughter's toys.

Do you think something that has his smell on it might be the trick? If that would be so I think I have a solution!
    We have actually a saddle blanket with a lambswool backing on it that he loves laying on in the truck. When we're home I could take it home and put it in the family room and give that a try. Is that what you're saying TexasKat?

Old Dawg (Senior Member) TexasKat's Avatar

Current Great Pyrenees Owner

TexasKat`s Photos

If it IS marking, he's making an effort to claim the space as his... makes sense to me that if objects in the rooms smelled like "his" even if we can't smell it (maybe rub his blanket around stuff in the room) he'll come to the conclusion that he owns them already and stop marking.

It's an important distinction to make tho, since the motive for 'getting urine on everything' is completely different between marking and just peeing.

Old Dawg (Senior Member)

Okay..thanks I will work on that when we get home.