Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Badger Marked or White

Just curious, do you prefer a badger marked pyr or all white? Why?

Old Dawg (Senior Member) grtpyrlvr's Avatar
      grtpyrlvr`s Photos

For me I am a Badger marked Pyr owner just because our first one had badger markings. He will always be the one that I judge the rest against because he started it all
    Mommy to Sunny (White Shepherd), Delaney (Pyr/Askbash), Yogi (Pyr/Karakachan?), and Nell (Pyrennes)

My Gang
    R.I.P. Winter you will be missed.... 8/5/2011

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Linda&Max's Avatar
      Linda&Max`s Photos

I like the badger marks. Maybe because it reminds me just a little of the Saint Bernard I once had...

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar
      Tsunibear`s Photos

My next dog will be all white only cause right now I have a mutt and she is brown and white, so I want an all white one next.

Road Dawg
      Lud`s Photos

I like the badger marked, like mine. I live in quebec, I want to be able to find him in the snow :P But really I think it makes them look cute and full of mischief! His aren't very dark though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coco2.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	498  

Flock Guardian (Moderator) Chicag0_Red's Avatar

Chicag0_Red`s Photos

I have one Badger Marked because that is how he came and one freckled for the same reason. I think Hanks red and badger makes him look more distinct, but, he also tends to the longer outer coat with the Alfalfa part down his back. It also makes his Glam Rock Mascara show up better.

Riley has the Freckle face and a shorter rougher outer coat but his mane is more pronounced. Neither of them are solid white. Hanks mother was and she was a knock out. I guess I like Pyr colored Pyrs. A big pure white fluffy is about as impressive as they come, but, there is something about "redheads" too.

_Red

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Davey Benson's Avatar
      Davey Benson`s Photos

I got one of each, love them both. I think the pure white one looks more like a Polar Bear.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

The Big Dawg (Administrator) risestar's Avatar

risestar`s Photos

True all white Pyrs are actually extremely rare, even those that "appear" all white usually have coloration in the undercoat. All white was traditionally unwanted as it also was related to genetic defects relating to pigments.

The badger markings always fade with age, I have seen some with dark gray markings on the head when pups and when adult you are hard pressed to tell that there are markings at all

Jewel`s Photos

My first pyr was all white (she was truly all white, I never saw one single hair that was not white on her) so after she passed away I wanted to get another all white if possible. When I went got Bijou, I had told the breeder I would prefer an all white female, and out of the 13 puppies she had, there were 3 all white females. But it turned out that the breeder wanted to keep 2 of the 3 all white females for showing, and the 3rd one did not have the temperament I wanted. The breeder picked Bijou for me who had badger marks. Bijou's face is all white now though, she still has a light spot on the top of her head and brown ears. Good thing about her brown ears because Bro the half pyr is all white, and I tell people to look at the ears to tell them apart (even though "real" pyr people would be able to tell right away that Bro is a pyr mix ).

Old Dawg (Senior Member) Tsunibear's Avatar
      Tsunibear`s Photos

I think badgers are cute and their markings make them unique, but there is something about those all white ones that catch my eye.